September 19, 2012 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Padua, Italy - eXeltior today announces Vocal Interpreter 1.1 for iOS, an update to their travel app that uses advanced vocal recognition to translate spoken input into 54 different languages. The app utilizes either Google or Microsoft translation technology and features Nuance Automatic Speech Recognition, powered by the same engine as the iPhone's Siri, allowing the user to dictate and hear accurate translations quickly and making for easy, on-the-go translation.
* Translates over 50 different languages
* New easy swipe controls to begin
* User chooses either Microsoft or Google translation engine
* Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) enabled, powered by Nuance with features same technology as iPhone's Siri
* Text-to-speech dictation and listening
* Keyboard use for typing or modifying phrases
* Immediate and accurate translations
* Universal- same app for iPhone and iPad
* Twitter, Mail, SMS, and copying capabilities
Vocal Interpreter 1.1 features a straightforward opening screen instructing the user to "Swipe and Speak." Languages are easy to set by choosing from a selection of 54 different options. The list of languages appears in the middle of the screen, along with the corresponding national flag icon. The app features Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) powered by Nuance, which allows the device to recognize the words the user speaks, take them down, and translate them into another language. This whole process is done in a matter of seconds, offering the user reliable and instantaneous results.
* Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Irish, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yiddish
Users simply drag a finger across the screen and speak the phrase they want translated. The app then translates the phrase or word using the user's choice of the Google or Microsoft translation engine, changeable in the settings menu. Immediately after speaking, the app provides a translation written on the device and it also speaks the translated phrase aloud, giving the proper pronunciation of the phrase. This automatic speech can be turned off in the settings menu, as well.
* Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, French, French (CAN), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (BRA), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish
Vocal Interpreter may also be used as a simple text translator, as the user can just as easily use the provided keyboard feature to type the phrase he or she wants translated into the text box. At any time, users can click the microphone symbol to speak or the listening symbol to hear their translation aloud, making Vocal Interpreter perfect for travelers who need to speak in a foreign tongue and want their pronunciation to be error-free.
Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish
Translated words are easily shared on Twitter, Mail, or SMS programs with just one tap. The user can also tap the handy "Copy to Clipboard" option, and paste the translation in another application without having to remember and retype the word or phrase in a different place.
The convenient settings menu in the upper right hand corner of the app allows the user to personalize his or her controls. The simple, new swipe gesture, for example, can be set to take no action, to paste a phrase from the clipboard the user needs translated, or to start the speech recognition feature. Here, the user may also change the search engine and the automatic speech settings.
"Vocal Interpreter offers trouble-free translations promptly that, because of the listening and speaking element, prepare users significantly for traveling in a foreign nation where they don't know the language," says Marco Ancona of eXeltior.
* English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 4.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Vocal Interpreter 1.1 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Padua, Italy, eXeltior was founded by Marco Ancona in 2011. eXeltior is a young and dynamic Italian company focused on mobile development. Make it simple, make it useful, make it fun! Their apps are designed to provide you with the best experience. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 eXeltior. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.