Reggie Ashworth updates All-New AppDelete 4.0.2 - Uninstall Anything
October 15, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Anaheim, California - Independent software developer Reggie Ashworth today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of AppDelete 4.0.2, an All-New update to his very popular application deletion utility for Mac OS X. With a simple Drag & Drop, AppDelete will uninstall anything along with all of the associated items. Mac users will no longer have to hunt through their system to find and delete these items manually.
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete in many ways: dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, right-clicking using AppDelete workflow, dragging from Launchpad, and throwing items in the trash. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude.
You also have several choices: delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. The items you delete will be moved to the trash and arranged in a folder so that you can see exactly what was deleted and you know exactly where it came from. The items will not be removed from your computer until you empty them from your trash. You can also undo the last delete if you choose.
Version 4 has been 100% redesigned and updated and just one look will show you that this is an entirely new AppDelete. AppDelete Version 4 will run on Lion and Mountain Lion, and here are a few of the new features included:
New in Version 4.0:
* All-New UI and revised workflow for the best AppDelete experience ever
* Optimized for operation on Lion/Mountain Lion
* File sizes and grouping for all items
* All latest technologies being utilized such as Automatic Reference Counting and Grand Central Dispatch
* Updated Tools menu with features such as showing Library folder and deleting .DS_Store files
* All-New Genius Search and much improved Orphans search
* Major updates to Hidden mode for background operation with menubar icon
* Additional Preferences such as Ignore List and Protect Running Apps
* Updated Help file to make options more clear to user
* And More...
* Fourteen languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish
* Search filters to find items for deletion fast (including old PPC apps)
* Finds associated items that are invisible or hidden
* Trash monitoring so that simply throwing an app in the trash triggers AppDelete
* Archive/Install from Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
* Sparkle updater to always have the latest version
* Password requested only once if needed instead of multiple requests
* Keeps a Log of all activities and has the ability to Undo a deletion
* Moves items into an organized deleted package in your trash
* Force Empty Trash for stubborn to remove items
There are various options to make your AppDelete experience complete: Quick search filters to help choose items for deletion, Force Empty Trash, an Orphans feature to search and delete orphaned files, Install from Archive even for another Mac, various options in Preferences, and more. AppDelete is a must-have utility for software tinkerers, beta testers, casual users, and the perfect companion to any Mac fanatic's toolbox.
AppDelete supports language in U.S. English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
For a list of changes in Version 4.0.2 see Changelog.
* Mac OS X Version 10.7 Lion or later (Mountain Lion compatible)
* Intel only
* 7.1 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
AppDelete 4.0.2 is only $7.99 (USD) for a single user license. Upgrades from Version 2/AppDelete Lite are only $3.99 (USD). A full-featured demo is available. Note: Version 3 licenses without a serial number are also eligible for the upgrade.
Based in sunny Anaheim, California, Reggie Ashworth is an independent software developer whose passion for the Mac platform is only exceeded by his aim to craft simple, yet useful utilities. He is fanatical about total customer satisfaction. Copyright 2006-2012 Reggie Ashworth. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.