October 18, 2012 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Rohr im Burgenland, Austria - Shiftoption software is pleased to announce the release of rubiTrack 3.0, an new major release of its industry leading fitness- and training analysis software for the Mac. rubiTrack displays, analyzes and organizes endurance sports like running, cycling, walking, hiking as well as indoor workouts like weight lifting, strength training, yoga or Pilates.
rubiTrack reads tracks from GPS enabled fitness devices like the Garmin Forerunner and Edge, GPSs like fēnix or Colorado, Suunto Ambit and T6, Garmin SWIM and manu other devices. rubiTrack also reads tracks from the iPhone recorded with its companion application rubiTrack for iPhone. Additionally rubiTrack reads a great number of different file formats that contain fitness related data or GPS tracks, like the popular GPX or TCX formats.
The rubiTrack 3 activity chart shows diagrams of data such as speed, pace, heart rate, elevation and many other values. The layout is freely configurable, users can split the chart up into multiple areas or have curves stacked. Exciting rubiTrack 3 enhancements include continuous 10x zoom, multi-selection of curve parts, 2-way synchronization with the map and comparison of multiple activities in any curve type. It also supports new curves like best segments and pie charts for zones distribution.
rubiTrack 3 comes with a completely rewritten map component. The all new rubiTrack Terrain map is based on OpenStreetMap data and has been developed from ground up to provide users with an ideal mapping experience for outdoor activities. Additionally rubiTrack supports OpenStreetMap maps, OpenCycleMap and MapQuest maps.
rubiTrack tracks training achievements and best marks over time. It comes with features which help athlete's plan their training in an optimized way by keeping track of long-term and short-term training stress and the stress balance. rubiTrack automatically calculates necessary performance measures like intensity factor and training stress level.
The Dashboard, which is a new feature in rubiTrack 3, provides a quick way to monitor your training progress. It quickly answers questions like this: "What was my total distance in the last 5 weeks, and how much more was it compared to the previous 5 weeks?". It shows a visual comparison between performance in one time frame and the performance in the preceding time frame.
With rubiTrack, users can plan events using the integrated calendar. Users can also monitor weight, fitness and health status using the athlete log. The athlete log also syncs with popular WiFi enabled scales like Withings and FitBit. rubiTrack also keeps track of equipment usage and tracks total mileage, total duration and usage count with automatic maintenance notifications. This can be used to get notified when a running shoe needs to be replaced because it's been used for a certain mileage.
"rubiTrack 3 is stunningly beautiful and powerful tool" says Markus Spoettl, lead developer and CEO of Shiftoption software. "It is more feature rich than any other tool in its segment out there, be it native app or online service. The new cutting edge user interface, which heavily uses technologies like Core Animation, makes rubiTrack 3 stand out in the entire Mac OS X app universe. The number of new features in rubiTrack 3 is truly mind-blowing. It is a gigantic upgrade and it is a must have for all sports, outdoor and exercise enthusiasts."
* Activity collection with instant track preview
* Continuous calendar with weekly, monthly and mini display
* Direct sync with GPS Devices and file import supporting many formats
* Interactive maps and charts with instant statistics
* Smart groups and searching
* Activity comparison
* Uses GPS data and heart rate, cadence and power data
* Export for track sharing and uploading
* Publishing for putting activities in blogs or online
* Athlete Log for monitoring fitness and health data
* Workout summary for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics
* Training analysis
* Share activities on Facebook and Twitter
New in this Version:
* Better charts with freely configurable multi-area layout
* Better map displaying more data and multiple activities
* Better calendar with continuous smooth scrolling and 3 viewing modes
* Better zones with a new visually stunning zones configuration tool
* True multi-activity comparison in the chart and map
* Automatically detects bests on activities and display them
* New training analysis
* Adds 32 new activity types from BMX to free running to yoga
* Customizable activity types
* The dashboard for quick performance overviews
* Mac OS X Version 10.7 Lion or higher
* 64bit Intel Macs running Mac OS X
rubiTrack 3 is available online and the Mac App Store now. It is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Located in Rohr im Burgenland, Austria, Shiftoption software was founded in 1998 by Markus Spoettl. rubiTrack is developed by Shiftoption software, an independent software design studio in Austria. All material and software (C) 2008-2012 Markus Spoettl and Shiftoption software, all rights reserved.