DocAS 5.1 iPad - Annotate/Reorder PDFs, Text/Audio Notes, Now 85% Off
October 30, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Santa Clara, California - 9 Square today is pleased to announce DocAS - Annotate PDF, Take Notes and Reader 5.1 for iPad, an update to their feature-packed, best-selling productivity app that offers powerful document creation, organization, export, and printing features within a sleek, modern interface. With file management, an intuitive document reader, advanced note-taker, advanced handwriting engine, PDF annotation, PDF export, enhanced zoom/close-up handwriting, audio note-taking, wireless printing, and more, this update adds support for the Cregle iPen, Google Docs to PDF conversion, Go To page, Email current page, and save current page to Camera Roll. The Retina-display compatible app is on sale now at 85% off for a limited time only.
According to Stone Wang of 9 Square, "DocAS lets you take notes, sketch your ideas, annotate your PDFs, make your presentations, read your documents, record your classes or meetings, and share your ideas, all in one comprehensive app for iPad."
Boasting complete capabilities for handwriting, drawing, and typing, DocAS users will quickly realize that this is not an ordinary word processing application. Packed with features, DocAS is the document program for iPad that covers everything a user needs. Users may import and export documents via Dropbox, iDisk, Google Docs, WebDAV, Box.net, FTP Server, Email, the app's embedded web browser, URL download, iTunes File Sharing, and Photo Library. DocAS also includes "Open-In" capability, allowing access to documents created in other apps.
In the thumbnail view mode, users may drag, move, and organize files between folders. PDF and DocAS Notebook documents may be dragged to merge two documents. Users may easily clone documents, sort documents by name, date, or favorite, or use the Advanced Search to find documents or folders by keyword. The 5.1 update includes numerous enhancements to the app's overall stability and GUI.
DocAS is equipped with a powerful handwriting engine for smooth, efficient drawing, with precise pen strokes and a variety of ink options. DocAS ink options stretch the limits, with a color spectrum tablet that includes a wide array of colors and adjustable shades, giving users the ability to customize both. In addition, handwriting stroke sizes are customizable from one to 16 pixels wide. The ability to adjust the stroke size gives users a precise writing experience, much like writing on paper. DocAS features an easily accessible fine-handwriting panel that gives users the ability to insert very small text or drawings into a document.
* On sale now at 85% off for a limited time only
Document Reader and File Manager:
* Access your documents from any source: Mac/PC Desktop (Wi-Fi), Dropbox, Box.net, Google Drive, Email, FTP, WebDAV, built-in browser, URL download, iTunes File Sharing, Photo Library, and "Open-In" with other applications
* Built-in viewer supports reading PDF, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Apple iWork files (Numbers, Pages, Keynote), RTF, Text, photos, etc.
* Merge, Clone, Move, Sort, Export, and Rename your documents
* Powerful file manager with sub-folder support
* Password protection for your document and folder
* Trash bin support - double-protect your document
* Documents downloading indicator and new document indicator
* Highlight text with different colors
* Fill and Sign your PDF forms with beautiful handwriting ink
* Add text notes and pictures to your PDF
* Add Bookmarks
* Reorganize your PDF pages
* Insert a new page in your PDF document
* Add comments to your PDF
* Sign your email attachment by opening your PDF in Mail
* Text search a PDF document
* Audio memos and sticky notes in PDFs
* URL links in PDFs
* Create PDF notes documents
* Advanced handwriting engine for smooth, efficient drawing with great pen, strokes, and virtual ink - closely simulates actual pen and paper writing
* Simple and clean handwriting input
* Advanced Text note with font, size, bold, italic, and alignment support
* Shapes (Line, Arrow, Circle, and Rectangle)
* Eraser (Basic, Object Eraser, and Erase All)
* Insert photos from the Photo Library or Camera
* 18 different paper styles are provided
* Wrist Guard (Palm rest) is supported
* Copy/Paste and reorganize the pages
* PDF export
* Sticky Notes and Audio Memo
* Multiple audio memos is supported
* Insert an audio note anywhere on the page
* Move the audio note location along with your annotation
* Full-screen presentation mode
* Airplay, VGA, and HDMI output
Share Your Notes and Documents
* Email your note and/or document to any other person
* Upload your note and/or document to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, WebDAV, or other apps
* Print your note and/or document via Airprint
Data Backup & Restore:
* Wi-Fi connectivity
* iTunes File Sharing
* Full support for iOS 6
The app includes smart features such as a wrist guard/palm rest feature, which senses a user's palm resting on the device and keeps unwanted document marks from appearing as a result. Eliminating the problem of stray marks due to palms or wrists on the device, this innovative feature allows users to create documents with ergonomic comfort and ease. Intuitive gestures like swiping page turns, scrolling side bar, and easy line switching, make DocAS simple to use.
DocAS allows users to embed pictures, photos, and record audio to place into documents. Users can create photo books to organize and annotate photos, taking DocAS far beyond a typical document application. Shapes, including lines, rectangles, circles, and ovals are easily placed, resized, moved, and deleted. Coupled with highlighting, eraser, sticky-note, and page copying functions, document customizations are limitless. Paper options include blank pages, lined, notebook, graphed, music, templates for business, and more, making DocAS the perfect application for work, school, and home.
DocAS provides security options to ensure the privacy of user documents with a password lock for folders. A data backup and restore capabilities further ensure document security. When users want to share documents, they may do so with ease via a myriad of options that include Wi-Fi and iTunes File Sharing.
"DocAS 5.1 is the only document application you'll ever need," stated Stone Wang of 9 Square. "DocAS lets you customize all of your documents the way you want them."
* English, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 8.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DocAS - Annotate PDF, Take Notes and Reader 5.1 is available for a limited time on sale at $0.99 (USD), 85% off its normal price of $5.99, through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available on request. DocAS Lite is available free.
Based in Santa Clara, California, 9 Square LLC is a pioneer in iOS application development, and provides iOS users with high quality applications. Copyright (C) 2011-2012, 9 Square, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.