November 1, 2012 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] New Rochelle, New York - MultiEducator today is pleased to announce EXPLORERS: The Story of Exploration of the Americas, From Before Columbus to Cartier 1.01 for iOS, the latest in their series of History on the Go apps. The educational multimedia app presents the stories of 16 Explorers of North and South America, providing engaging resources about each, including: Summary, Maps, In-Depth Article, Multimedia Presentation, Biography, and Historical Documents. These chapters are perfect study companions for students going through standard, statewide, history curriculum modules.
* Summary of each exploration
* In-depth chronicle of each explorer's journey
* 1-3 minute multimedia/video
* Biography of the explorer
* Map showing explorer's discoveries
* Historic, primary source document
Retina display compatible, the self-contained, landscape-orientation app displays on its splash page a collage of the faces of 16 world famous Explorers, from the Native Americans and Christopher Columbus (1492), to Samuel de Champlain and Henry Hudson (1609). Touching any image reveals a full-size portrait of the man on a solid black background. Thumbnails across the bottom of the screen provide access to the six different categories of resources available to the user (Summary, Maps, In-Depth Article, Multimedia Presentation, Biography, and Historical Documents). Touching any thumbnail button opens that page immediately.
All educational materials are authoritative and clearly written, and are appropriate for both students and history buffs. Especially noteworthy are the Multimedia Presentations and Historical Documents. The presentations are professionally narrated mini-documentaries, and they encapsulate the explorer's accomplishments in a dramatic and entertaining format. The documents are records and observations written by the explorer himself (or an assistant) during his quest.
* Native Americans - Arrived Long Before Columbus
* A New Age Dawns - The Portuguese Open the Age of Discovery
* Christopher Columbus - The First to Discover the New World in the Modern Age
* Vasco de Gama - Sails to India
* Vasco de Balboa - Explorer of the Pacific
* John Cabot - Visits the East Coast of North America
* Ponce De Leon - Discovers Florida
* Hernando Cortes - Conquers the Aztec
* Ferdinand Magellan - Circles the World
* Giovanni da Verrazano - First to Enter New York Harbor
* Francisco Pizzaro - Conqueror of the Incas
* Jacques Cartier - Explorer of the St. Lawrence
* Francisco de Coronado - Explorer of the Southwest United States
* Hernando de Soto - Explorer of the Mississippi
* Samuel de Champlain - Began the First Settlement of Canada
* Henry Hudson - Explorer or the Hudson River
* Simulation based on some of the decisions presented to Columbus over the course of his voyage
"EXPLORERS is the ideal way to experience the discoveries of the Age of Exploration," commented Marc Schulman of MultiEducator. "We are very proud of our chapter on Christopher Columbus, which includes bonus materials on each of his four voyages, the Columbian Exchange, and an interactive simulation of the various options open to Columbus on his historic first voyage."
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 353 MB
Pricing and Availability:
EXPLORERS: The Story of Exploration of the Americas From Before Columbus to Cartier 1.01 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. Review copies are available on request.
Located in New Rochelle, New York, MultiEducator is a privately funded company founded in 1994 by Amy Erani and Marc Schulman. MultiEducator's goal is to enable students to learn history in a completely new way. Throughout MultiEducator's years in business, the company has continuously expanded its services and product line. In the summer of 2008 the company sold its HistoryShopping site to concentrate on the content part of the business. It then started its newest division developing software for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. In October 2008 it released its first application, Formulator. As one of the earliest producers of multimedia software, MultiEducator has been providing schools and the general public with rich, compelling history software for almost two decades. Copyright 2008-2012 MultiEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.