November 1, 2012 in iAnnouncements (E)
[prMac.com] Irvine, California - Only weeks after the latest iPods and iPhone 5 hit stores, leading independent Apple authority iLounge today debuted the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers' Guide, a comprehensive look at Apple's pocket devices, plus top third-party accessories and apps. As the 19th publication in iLounge's multi-million-downloaded series of Buyers' Guides, this all-new edition includes 208 pages of insightful, well-researched information and reviews, including the best current iPhone/iPod models, speakers, cases, batteries, and games, each with many eye-catching options suited to different tastes and budgets. The 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers' Guide is available for immediate free download from iLounge.com in the popular, widely compatible PDF format.
"For eight years in a row, iLounge's Buyers' Guides have offered the industry's smartest and most trustworthy shopping advice, just in time for the holiday shopping season," explained Jeremy Horwitz, iLounge's editor-in-chief. "Our 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers' Guide will help readers with every type of iPhone- or iPod-related purchase - new or used, hardware or accessory, game or app - and even offers great tips on selling or repurposing older devices."
Designed for first-time and long-time Apple users alike, the 2013 Guide focuses on several key areas of the iPhone and iPod experience:
* Apple's devices. iLounge includes capsule reviews of Apple's current iPhones and iPods, complete with screenshots, color guides, and per-model buying advice. A model-by-model summary called iNtelligence offers quick, smart advice at the bottom of every iPhone and iPod review, while an updated comparative guide to iPhone and iPod touch cameras explains how every model compares with both point-and-shoot and DSLR cameras. Additionally, the iGlossary clearly explains 200 Apple technical and marketing terms that have become confusing over the years.
* Accessories. From iPhone cases to universal batteries, Bluetooth speakers, and even iPod toys, our editors look at the year's very best products across major accessory categories. Selected strictly on editorial merit, these accessories represent the cream of the crop from thousands of different vendors, distilled down into easily digestible collections of top picks. Best of the Year Awards include both Editors' and Readers' Choice Awards for 2012's top products and developers.
* Games and Apps. A combined Top 100 iPhone iPod Apps Games section looks at the 100 new and recently-updated titles our editors consider to be the best for iPhones and iPods, including special sections on apps for children, photography apps for adults, and games spanning multiple genres.
* The iLounge Pavilion at 2013 CES. A brand new section spotlights 12 of the over 450 developers who will show Apple-related products in the iLounge Pavilion, the largest dedicated exhibition area at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Sneak peeks at some of their upcoming products are included, as well.
* History and Galleries. Updated with the latest year of major Apple developments, iHistory provides a comprehensive timeline of important iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and iTunes turning points, while the latest reader-submitted iPhone, iPod, and iPad Around the World photos show the ubiquity of Apple's products across the globe.
"Once again, our 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers' Guide is a must-read," said Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge and the Buyers' Guide. "This is the world's most popular and comprehensive guide to iPhones and iPods, and we distribute it in the well-established PDF format, compatible with everything from an iPod touch or iPhone to an iPad, PC, or Mac. You'll find it easy to read even if you're carrying it in your pocket, and even more beautiful on a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer."
iLounge's Buyers' Guides and Books are the world's most widely read publications covering Apple's digital media products. Downloaded millions of times, the Guides now include 19 semi-annual magazine- and book-style publications released by iLounge since 2004. All of these publications are available from iLounge.com/library for free, and are published as a service to the Apple community without any editorial involvement from advertisers or Apple itself. The 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers' Guide can be downloaded from iLounge starting today.
iLounge, Inc. is the exclusive partner of the Consumer Electronics Association for the iLounge Pavilion, a collection of iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac products that is now the largest dedicated exhibition area at the International Consumer Electronics Show, backed by over 450 developers and spanning nearly 120,000 square feet of space. As the world's leading provider of iPod, iPhone, iPad, and iTunes information, iLounge is fully independent from Apple and vendors of related hardware, software, and services, with offices in Irvine, California and East Amherst, New York. Founded only days after Apple announced the first iPod in 2001, iLounge has exploded in popularity, today boasting millions of visitors and tens of millions of page views each month. Praised for years as "the ultimate in product reviews and tutorials on all things iPod," iLounge and its team have been spotlighted by the Associated Press, CNBC, Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, and many other leading publications. Copyright (C) 2012 iLounge, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.