November 7, 2012 in iTunes (E)
[prMac.com] Hamburg, Germany - Claus Zimmermann has announced a new version of his App "Heavy Rotation for iTunes". Heavy Rotation is a lightweight OS X app that gives you a quick and easy way to access all the tracks you are currently playing the most in iTunes. With just a mouse click on the menubar, you can start playing a song from your current heavy rotation list. So you don't need to suspend your current work by switching to another window, just to start one of your favorite tracks.
Heavy Rotation for iTunes automatically determines your favorite songs by analyzing which tracks you are currently playing the most in iTunes. There is no need for an awkward configuration before you can start using the App.
Additionally, if you are using Heavy Rotation over a longer period of time, the App becomes your music diary. With Heavy Rotation's song calendar you can see at a glance, which songs accompanied you during last summer or which tracks you were repeatedly playing during last winter. With Heavy Rotation it is easy and fun to end the year with all the tracks you played the most.
* Quick and easy access to 30 tracks you are currently playing the most
* Favorite songs are identified automatically (no configuration needed)
* Organize your favorite songs in different time periods (last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, season and year)
* Search your iTunes Library for songs (by album, artist or album)
* Control iTunes volume from within Heavy Rotation
* Easily mange your song lyrics from within Heavy Rotation
* Control the current playing position from within Heavy Rotation
* Create iTunes playlists from your Heavy Rotation list
* See what is currently playing in iTunes with just one click on the menu bar
* Control iTunes from within the App with just one click on the menu bar (previous track, next track, stop, play and rate songs)
* Show what song just started playing in iTunes using Growl notifications (if configured)
* Optionally run the App without a dock icon (no space wasted on your dock)
* OS X 10.7.3 or later
* iTunes 10.6 or later
* 64-bit processor
Pricing and Availability
Heavy Rotation for iTunes 1.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store. Review copies available on request.
Claus Zimmermann is an independent software developer since 2011. His focus is to develop creative, easy-to-use Apps for the Mac and iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2012 Claus Zimmermann. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.