November 16, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Ekero, Sweden - Maintain has announced the release and immediate availability of Cocktail 5.1 (Snow Leopard Edition), the latest maintenance update of Cocktail for users running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.
Cocktail is a general purpose utility for OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail's features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Added ability to disable startup sound (System - Startup)
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may fail to scan preference files
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may fail to create a Keychain key
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may not be able to repair permissions on RAID sets
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail could not force empty the Trash
* Addresses an issue in which the Firewall log may not be rotated
* Addresses compatibility issues with USB flash drives
* Fixed registration issues some users encountered when registering
* Fixed compatibility issues with Google Chrome 23 and Firefox 16
* Launch time optimization
* Various improvements to the Pilot scheduler
* Other minor bug fixes and improvements
* Updated Automator actions
* Updated Help
Cocktail 5.1 (Snow Leopard Edition) requires OS X / OS X Server 10.6 and is tested for compatibility with OS X / OS X Server 10.6.8. Cocktail (Mountain Lion Edition) for OS X 10.8, Cocktail (Lion Edition) for OS X 10.7 and Cocktail (Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.5 are available for download from the Maintain website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $14.00 (USD) for a Single User License and available for purchase from the Maintain website. The license is valid for Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion editions of Cocktail. Cocktail (Leopard Edition) is distributed as freeware and does not require a license.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Getty Images, University of Texas, South Park Studios, CompUSA, bwin, Lockheed Martin, Defense Intelligence Agency, University of Michigan and hundred of thousands of Mac users around the world. Copyright (C) 2012 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.