November 21, 2012 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Longwood, Florida - Independent developer, David Likosar today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Direct Remote 1.15, an update to his popular remote control utility developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Direct Remote offers a new way to control DirecTV receivers connected to your home network. The app features quick tuning using up to 40 favorites and allows control of your receiver using intuitive gestures or a more traditional touch control. The 1.15 release includes iPhone 5 support and additional remote control buttons.
Direct Remote is an ideal app for anyone looking for an alternative to the standard DirecTV Remote control. It has a backlit screen that enables easy control in the dark and it can control any compatible receiver on your network, even if it is in a cabinet, another room or otherwise out of sight. Setup is a breeze since properly configured receivers are automatically detected the 1st time you open the app.
The new version adds:
* Optimized for iPhone5!
* Added additional buttons
* Added lock screen delay setting
* Support for entering passwords
* Bug fixes
* Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
* Quick tuning for up to 40 favorite channels
* Program guide for favorite channels
* Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
* Automatically discovers receivers on network
* Enables easy control in dark
* Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
* Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
* Works with newer DirecTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
* Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
* Compatible models are HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24, HR34 and H21, H23, H24, and H25. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
* Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV or volume
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 12.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Direct Remote 1.15 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
David Likosar is an independent developer in Longwood, FL whose focus is on iOS applications development. Copyright (C) 2012 David Likosar. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.