December 4, 2012 in Education
[prMac.com] Port of Spain, Trinidad And Tobago - Just released on November 30th after 3 1/2 months of painstaking development and testing is the most up to date sight words app in the iTunes App store. Now available at an introductory 50% off price, of $1.99 USD.
Ultimate Sight Words - Student and Teacher edition 1.0 was developed after research showed that teachers wanted more than just a simple sight word app. They wanted to be able to create student lists and track each student's progress, and have the ability to email the student's progress in the form of a chart and flagged words to the student's parents.
Top features include:
* iCloud Sync between devices (using the same Apple ID) so a student can continue where they left off regardless of whether they picked up the iPhone or iPad
* Multiple student lists, with photo
* Email-able results
* Professionally recorded voice
* Customizable delivery: flagged, non-flagged, 10 levels of 100 words
* Sub set groups within the levels
* Fun speed drill section
* No Ads, no in-app purchases
The Fry 1,000 Instant Words are a the most up-to-date list of the most common words used for teaching reading, writing, and spelling. This list was updated in the 1990's, whereas the Dolch list was created in the 1940's.
These high frequency words should be recognized instantly by readers. Dr. Edward B. Fry's Instant Words (which are often referred to as the "Fry Words") are the most common words used in English ranked in order of frequency.
* 25 words make up approximately 1/3 of all items published
* 100 words comprise approximately 1/2 of all of the words found in publications
* 300 words make up approximately 65% of all written material
Over half of every newspaper article, textbook, children's story, and novel is composed of these 300 words. It is difficult to write a sentence without using several of the first 300 words of the Fry 1000 Instant words. Consequently, students need to be able to read these first 300 Instant Words without a moment's hesitation.
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 27.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ultimate Sight Words - Student & Teacher Edition 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Located in Trinidad & Tobago, TriniApps was founded by Shaun Gianetti in 2012. The company leverages a global team that creates applications specializing in education, games and eBooks for both iOS (Apple) and Android platforms. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Money Matters Ltd / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.