December 4, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Spokane, Washington - PhatWare Corporation is pleased to announce the newest update to its WritePad note-taking app for iPad, enabling vastly improved text input in the user's own handwriting. WritePad now includes a text-to-speech synthesizer featuring both female and male voices, providing optional audio feedback when handwriting is converted to digital text. This new feature is designed to ensure significantly improved accuracy when inputting handwritten text into a document or email.
Other new features in WritePad 6.5 include:
* Optimization for iOS 6
* The Speak menu command has been added to the popup menu to read out the selected text
* Improved speed and accuracy of handwriting recognition engine
* Integrated with iOS system Twitter and Facebook accounts
The text-to-speech synthesizer is currently only available for English-speaking users.
WritePad, an advanced note-taker for iOS, converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPad resources.
5 Major WritePad features:
* Includes the state-of-the-art handwriting recognition that instantaneously converts your handwriting into digital text with optional audio feedback. The handwriting recognition is available in 11 languages, including English, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Spanish
* Allows document and text sharing via Email, Facebook, Tweeter, SMS, and direct WiFi upload
* Supports full document synchronization including multiple document folder hierarchy with Evernote and Dropbox
* Integrated with Bing Translator, allowing quick translation of WritePad documents to 16 supported
* Utilizes may other iOS recourse such as Calendar, Events, Printer support, Maps and others to further improve user's productivity
WritePad for Pad 6.5 is available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish languages.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 41.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WritePad for iPad 6.5 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user's choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for WritePad 6.5 for $4.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2012 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.