December 10, 2012 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Bergamo, Italy - The Seminario Permanente Luigi Veronelli, publisher of the Guida Oro I Vini di Veronelli, released I Vini di Veronelli 2013, the app for Android and iOS devices. The Guida Oro I Vini di Veronelli 2013, with the force of its 1,860 individual producers and the 13,090 wines from every part of Italy tasted and reviewed, offers itself as the ideal instrument for those who are looking for an easy, practical, and complete way to plunge into the extraordinarily fascinating world of Italian wine.
The Application provided with an introduction to the work and a key to the symbols, offers a database, which is divided by Region and Township, in which you can find:
* For each producer: his address, telephone number, web site, e-mail address, a brief description of the estate or firm, and an evaluation of the level of the various wines. There are the names, the persons involved, other products in addition to the wines (olive oil, cheese, jams and products conserved under olive oil or vinegar, salami and other types of charcuterie, spirits such as grappa etc.), the practice of biological or biodynamic agriculture, availability of various types of assistance to visitors such as hospitality and direct sales.
* For each wine reviewed: an evaluation expressed on a hundred point scale of the quality level on the part of the editors of the Veronelli Guide - Gigi Brozzoni and Daniel Thomases – together with the number of bottles produced, the recommended vintages, the fermentation and aging methods, and the price level.
As in the printed version the App includes “Places For Fine Drinking”: a series of short chapters, divided by region and dedicated to the high level Italian restaurants where, in addition to excellent cuisine, you can find the finest wines which Italy produces. Built-in functions make the Application an excellent support to its users, capable of supplying immediate answers - in a very few touches and with a full range of information – to all the questions which wine lovers might wish to ask:
* Aroundme: is a most valuable and original function which allows navigators to use the integrated geographical maps (Google Maps) in order to discover the producers closest to them or to a specific geographical location
* Research: is a convenient and efficient extended device designed both for the single producer and the single wine combined with the possibility of personalizing parameters such as price, wine type, scores awarded during the tastings for the Guide, direct sales to consumers, and other important questions
* Bookmarks: for immediate access to Producer or wine sheet
* Instant mail: direct contact to the producer desired
* Web view: connects you to the web site of any producers or restaurant in this App
G. Brozzoni: Director of the Permanent Seminar Veronelli and the magazine Consenso, organizes and conducts technical and scientific conferences; sensory analysis focuses on training through courses and seminars for professionals and enthusiasts.
D. Thomases: Born in Connecticut and graduated in Arts from Harvard University, he lives in Florence, wine writer and reviewer for various chapter of Italy's Pocket Wine Book by H. Johnson.
In addition, this year, you can add your own notes and store photographs of bottles, labels, vineyards or the protagonists of companies that fascinate you. The app is available in Italian , English and German.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 4.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
I Vini di Veronelli 2013 (v1.1) is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Food & Drink category. An App which true Italian wine lovers, anywhere in the world, cannot do without.
In 1986, some of the most famous Italian winemakers gathered in the Association that they named Gino Veronelli, calling Permanent Seminar to emphasize the cultural characteristics and study. In 1956, Luigi Veronelli was editor of Il Gastronauta and he was the first journalist to travel post-war Italy to recognize and enhance the culture of wine and gastronomical. The Gold Guide-Wines of Veronelli is probably the most important title of all production of Veronelli. Certainly has historically been the first critical review of quality Italian wines, becoming the reference point for all generations - young and old - producers, distributors and consumers of fine Italian wine, the wine that, thanks to Gino has now made great and famous all over the world. Copyright (C) 2012 Seminario Permanente Luigi Veronelli. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.