December 11, 2012 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Zoetermeer, Netherlands - VeprIT is pleased to announce Resize Sense 1.4.0. Resize Sense (Macworld Gem 2012) is a flexible batch image resizer/cropper/converter for Mac OS. Known for its extreme flexibility and convenience, Resize Sense is designed to fulfill nearly any batch resizing need. Using powerful custom presets in Resize Sense, it is easy to resize many images, each one to several different sizes, and save them in various formats. All this in a single batch operation, in a few minutes! It is also possible to crop and straighten individual images manually if desired, and copy these crop settings to other images. Resize Sense also offers some batch image transformations such as rotation and flipping.
* Flexible resizing options. Resize Sense is designed to fulfill any batch resizing need as conveniently as possible
* Custom user presets. A user performing repetitive tasks only needs to configure the resizing options once per task, and save them as a size preset. It is even possible to apply multiple size presets to every image. Resize Sense also supports saving presets for file naming rules and format settings
* Manual per-image, per-preset crop & straighten adjustment. Most other batch image resizers allow at best to align the crop rectangle to the left/right/top/bottom, but a better control is often required
* Batch image cropper & straightener functionality. For images of the same size, Resize Sense can be used as a bulk image cropper and straightener, because it supports copying & pasting of the manual crop & straighten configuration between images
* Batch image format converter functionality. Resize Sense can be used to convert multiple images from any format supported by the operating system to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, and BMP
* Batch image transformations. Rotation by 90 and 180 degrees, horizontal and vertical flipping
* Live final image preview. The user can see immediately how the final image will look after cropping, extending with solid borders, or distorting
* Simple, intuitive, self-explanatory user interface. Although it is a complex professional tool, Resize Sense is designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible
* Fixed width and height. If the aspect ratio changes, you have a number of options to fix it
* Fixed width or height. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the original aspect ratio
* Fixed output image dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation
* Fit to a box with defined width and height
* Fit to a box with defined dimensions
* Fixed longest edge size. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio
* Fixed shortest edge size
* Fixed megapixel count. The width and height will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio while achieving the required megapixel count
* Crop only. A special type for the case if only cropping (without specific sizing) is needed
Resolution units (available when defining size in inches or centimeters):
* Pixels per inch
* Pixels per centimeter
Additional resizing options: If the original image is too small for the requested size:
* Enlarge (up-sample) the image
* Extend the image with borders, transparent or of a solid color
* Do not save (skip) the image
* Copy the original image
If the image aspect ratio changes (the requested size is not proportional to the original):
* Crop the image, aligning the crop rectangle as desired, or even adjusting it manually
* Add solid borders of a customizable color
* Deform the image
New in Resize Sense 1.4.0: This major update brings the application batch resizing capabilities to a new level. Combined with other new features, Resize Sense becomes even more flexible than before, can perform a lot more work in a single batch operation. In more detail, this update offers the following:
* Saving presets. The user can save file naming and format settings as custom presets. Saving presets can be assigned to size presets to define how images of particular size should be saved. It is now possible to save images in different sizes and formats in a single batch operation
* New resizing type Fixed Megapixel Count defines the required image size in megapixels
* New ways to handle small images: in addition to up-sampling or skipping them, it is now possible to extend them with borders to achieve the desired size, or just copy originals. Copying originals saves the user from manual management of small images in a batch
* Transparent borders (in addition to solid color) can now be added to the image to fix its aspect ratio or when it is too small
* Batch image flipping and 180 degree rotation
* Constrain original aspect ratio option in several resizing types. Disabling this option allows to crop freely and resize in a single run
* Manual crop&straighten adjustment is now preserved (correctly adjusted) after rotation and flipping operations
* Copying, pasting, and resetting crop&straighten settings can now be performed both for the current and all size presets
* Saving in the original (automatically deduced) image format, or in a user-defined alternative if unsupported
* User preference controlling the default target directory when saving a single file
* Also the Mac App Store version now remembers the last used saving directory (only on the latest OS X systems). The user does not need to choose the same directory multiple times
* It is now allowed to interrupt saving
* Many usability improvements
* Bug fixes
"Resize Sense 1.3 is a simple app that does some complex things in a relatively intuitive way. The program provides excellent user documentation to guide you to exactly the setting you need. If you have to resize or crop single or batches of images on a regular basis, you'll be glad to leave the heavy lifting to Resize Sense."
"Resize Sense is an all-in-one batch resizer and cropping tool that will save both time and tedious labor in getting one image - or hundreds of images - to exactly the right size for webpages, email, and layouts." - Jackie Dove, Macworld senior editor.
"Congratulation for your software, after long search this is the more flexible, powerful and stable." - Carlo Vigiani, Viggiosoft.
"It has been so long since I was looking for an app that would allow me to make image resizing fast and flexible. I evaluated many applications but all have limitations, and at the end I had to use a script in Automator. I finally found this application, which is the best in its kind. This software does one thing: resize batches of images, but it does so in an excellent manner and with a high degree of customization."
"Highly recommended, the amount requested is absolutely adequate and pays for itself in 30 minutes of tedious manual labor saved." - Pendolare, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store Italy, translated from Italian).
"I bought this app a couple of days ago and am finding it great... Resizing images has ceased to be a chore. The layout couldn't be simpler, all on the one screen, very easy to organise you work. I really like the ability to resize to various dimensions all at the same time. Great price and really fast." - lensable, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store Ireland).
"I recently bought your app and I must say that after many, many, many trials of similar software, yours is the best for my massive bulk resizing. Simply, fast and careful." - Eddie, Resize Sense user.
"Image resizing and cropping works very well and the app has a nice tidy interface that is easy to learn. I work in a medical industry where I need to be able to reprocess image folders containing hundreds of images and crop them to remove identifiers or technical data. I can do this in a matter of seconds using Resize Sense without the need of employing big cumbersome apps that consume a lot of system resources. Working with family photos is also a breeze. Well done of a very neat app." - MartinN2067, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store).
"Professional tool for a good price. Nice features, quite easy to use if you understand some basics." - pp3920, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store).
Resize Sense 1.4.0 requires a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Resize Sense 1.2.0 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Resize Sense (with disabled results saving) is freely available for download at the application webpage. The current price is 13.99 USD. The license can be purchased at the download page. Resize Sense is also available on the Mac App Store.
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops its own products and provides custom software development services. Currently VeprIT offers image/photo editing software products for Mac OS and iOS. These products aim at hiding all the image processing complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.