December 14, 2012 in Utilities
[prMac.com] Split, Croatia - HolosOne today announced the immediate availability of Vintage Gadget, an exciting new utility app for iPhone offering eight tools for the price of one. Vintage Gadget, the Swiss Army Knife of utility apps, combines useful tools with classic, steampunk-inspired design.
With eight unique utilities and a steampunk-inspired mechanical design, Vintage Gadget offers the features of multiple tools in one beautifully designed interface, complete with moving parts and intuitive controls. Users can quickly select a tool by rotating Vintage Gadget's control wheel and watch in amazement as their chosen utility slides into view, amid clouds of steam and whirring cogs, with clockwork precision.
Following the success of HolosOne's Vintage Times app, Vintage Gadget includes unique interfaces for each tool, including a ruler, protractor, timer, stopwatch, flashlight, compass, counter, and spirit level.
"Vintage Gadget is not only the most beautiful app we've ever created, it's also the most useful." Said Jerko Latkovi, Co-Founder and CEO of HolosOne. "With eight amazing tools, users will find a use for Vintage Gadget every day."
Each of Vintage Gadget's eight tools provide accurate numerical and visual results by taking advantage of the iPhone's built-in gyroscope and compass, as well as the Retina Display. This level of quality and reliability make it the ideal app for DIY enthusiasts who want maximum functionality without having to search their iPhone for multiple apps.
Whether a user is putting up a shelf, boiling an egg, hanging a picture, counting or trying to find their way, Vintage Gadget offers the tools they need in an interface that is as beautiful as it is functional. Complete with audio and visual feedback for each action performed, users can quickly calculate, measure, locate, and illuminate in style.
Why buy eight individual tools when you can get them all in one beautifully designed app?
Vintage Gadget's Tools In Detail:
* Protractor - Users simply drag the protractor needle with a finger to pinpoint precise angles. They can then lock the needle in place with a simple tap.
* Ruler - Using the edges of their iPhone, users can quickly take measurements in centimeters or inches.
* Compass - Using the iPhone's built-in digital compass, Vintage Gadget provides a sumptuous compass face as well as a numerical readout for location precision.
* Counter - Each tap of the plus button adds to the large Counter display. Users can also reset and remove counts with a single tap.
* Timer - By sliding a finger across the Timer interface, users can set a countdown from one minute to one hour and be alerted with a sound and message when the defined period of time has elapsed.
* Stopwatch - Minutes, Seconds and Milliseconds are displayed in vintage style from the Stopwatch interface with both visual and numerical readouts.
* Flashlight - Harnessing the iPhone's built-in LED Flash, Vintage Gadget's Flashlight allows the user to turn the light off and on at will.
* Level - With classic spirit level bubbles as well as a numerical readout that rotates with the device (using the iPhone's in-built gyroscope), Vintage Gadget's Level is not only accurate but beautiful to boot.
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 36.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Vintage Gadget 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the utilities category. All press enquiries, including interview requests, reviews, images and quotes should be directed to HolosOne.
Located in sunny Dalmatia, a region of Croatia, HolosOne is a company dedicated to bringing the world an arsenal of useful and creative apps and games for the iOS platform. The company was officially founded in March 2012 and to this day it remains on track to achieve its goals. Copyright (C) 2012 HolosOne. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.