December 21, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - Players could not find a better app to spend time with than K and Qu - Criss Cross Words, which has been considered one of the finest and brightest apps for the iPhone. This fast-paced game definitely puts the player's vocabulary and puzzle skill to the test. The app from Berlin provides an unlimited number of playing fields. They are made up according to the player's settings of 5 x 5 or more letters.
To form a word, the users connect the letters on the screen with their finger. Letters can be connected with each other in a criss-cross fashion. Letters may even be used several times to form words. When it appears as if all possible words have been found, the user simply shakes the iPhone to rearrange the letters.
For each word points are being awarded. Simple: the longer a word, the more points the player gets. Difficult letters (marked darker in the game) earn extra points. And criss-cross or back-and-forth moves score extra bonuses, so beating the highscores requires extra thinking. However, not much time is allowed to search for words. Depending on the specified level of difficulty this may be 2, 3 or 5 minutes.
K and Qu - Criss Cross Words saves the reached score in the internal high score and online on the palugu high scores server. However, via the Game Center integration, the score may also be globally compared with the achievements of other players. K and Qu - Criss Cross Words 5.0: New languages and competing against friends
The new version of K and Qu - Criss Cross Words truly lets the game take a big step forward. Two features particularly distinguish the update:
* New Languages: The app now provides the option to play the game in English, German, French and Dutch. K and Qu - Criss Cross Words gives the user the opportunity to intensively improve his foreign language skills.
* Competition on the Internet: the new version 5.0 offers exciting competitions. Via the GameCenter friends may be challenged to a match. The game makes sure that a fair competition takes place by providing the exact same game board and letters to both opponents. May the smarter player win.
The update is adapted to the new iOS 6 and the new dimensions of the iPhone 5 display.
In a nutshell:
* New version: K and Qu - Criss Cross Words 5.0
* Game app for the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
* Also available for Android
* Top rated, highly addictive word game for smart people
* Generates unlimited numbers of game boards
* English dictionary contains 179.000 entries
* Time limit may be specified: 2, 3 or 5 minutes
* Optional Joker for additional word combinations
* New: available in English, French, German and Dutch
* New: friends may be challenge via Game Center
Clemens Grossmann, CEO of the responsible palugu Software GmbH: "We are very proud of the fact that K and Qu - Criss Cross Words can be found constantly in the top 10 iOs word games. On the average we obtain a 4 to 5 star rating from players and we are excited to see how the new update will be received."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 28.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
K and Qu - Criss Cross Words 5.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. An app version for the iPad and Android is also at hand and designated for an update. Journalists that would like to test the program should request a promotional code from Presseburo Typemania to be used at the App Store. It allows them to obtain and test the app free of charge.
Based in Berlin, Germany, Palugu Software is a young company founded by CEO Clemens Grossmann. Palugu publishes Apps for iOS and Android devices. The company has plans to expand and publish software for desktop systems as well. Copyright (C) 2012 Palugu Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.