December 27, 2012 in Games
[prMac.com] Montreal, Canada - Maguy Studios today introduces WordSpot Challenge 1.0 for iOS. The player's objective is to find the hidden words in the pyramid of letter tiles. The words must be formed from adjacent tiles, which are stacked like bricks. The game is deceptively simple but comes with interesting twists such as special tiles that increase word value, limited use tiles which turn into a useless block after a few uses and more. Challenging and fun, there are always well over 100 words hidden in the small pyramid.
The game always tells you how many words are still hidden: "The first reaction is always "no way, that's impossible!" Players can't believe how many words our cunning word hiding logic can place in such a small pyramid of letters" says Louis-Marius Gendreau, owner of Maguy Studios.
"The testers just kept playing and playing in the evenings and on weekends so I knew we were onto something," says Gendreau.
The game is deceptively simple but comes with interesting twists:
* Special tiles that increase word value
* Limited use tiles which turn into a useless block after a few uses
* Special word challenges the player can complete for extra points
In "timed" mode, you have 3 minutes to find as many words as possible. In "relaxed" mode, you take all the time you want and you decide when to end the game.
Once you are done with a game, it gives you the full word list. Then, you can challenge your friends by Game Center, Facebook, Twitter or email. They will get to play the exact same letter pyramid and try to beat you, whether or not they downloaded the game.
* Easy to pick up, hard to put down
* Play for a minute or play for hours
* Relaxed mode - No time limit
* Race mode - How many words can you find in three minutes
* Integrated dictionary
* Soothing music - You'll appreciate it... really
* Night mode - Play at night without hurting your eyes
Think carefully before downloading this game. You might just not be able to put it down...
English and French
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 17.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WordSpot Challenge 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. For more information or to schedule an interview with Louis-Marius Gendreau please contact Maguy Studios.
Maguy Studios develops gaming getaways for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2012 Gestion Maguy Ltee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and App Store are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.