May 8, 2013 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Sophia Antipolis, France - Children's app developer L'Escapadou today announces that award-winning Montessori Numbers iOS App has been put on special offer and the price set to free for a limited time (down from $2.99). This special offer is to celebrate 3 successful years on the App Store for L'Escapadou.
Over the last 3 years, L'Escapadou has released 3 English educational Apps for kids 3-8 which have all received a design award from Children's Technology Review, and have been featured by Apple. The cumulative paid downloads for these apps is 320.000. L'Escapadou has also sold 110.000 educational apps in other languages.
Montessori Numbers has won many accolades including:
* Children's Technology Review: Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - rated 4.8/5 - "This is a must-have app, for any early learning setting"
* Featured by Apple as 'New and Noteworthy' (Education)
* NBCNews.com : "A fantastic app for helping the young students understand the relationship between numbers and the quantity they stand for"
* Wired's GeekDad Approved
* "Montessori Numbers is among the best educational apps for young children I've seen. The pacing is very good and the verbal feedback is very supportive. " Mary Ellin Logue, Ed.D, Early Childhood Education, University of Maine
* Rated 5 stars on Best Kids Apps and Mind Leap
* Selected by KinderTown.com
* Golden App Award - 5/5 - Apps for Home schooling
* Compatible with iPad and iPhone
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 55 MB
Pricing and Availability: Montessori Numbers 2.0 is free today only to celebrate the update. Regular price is $2.99 USD. It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category for iPad and iPhone. Journalists and bloggers interested in a promo codes, further information, developer interviews or additional assets should contact L'Escapadou via email.
L'Escapadou, founded in 2010, is an award-winning family design studio dedicated to creating educational and fun apps for iPad and iPhone and has been recognized as Editor's Choice by Moms With Apps. Montessori Crosswords,Montessori Numbers and Word Wizard, L'Escapadou's top selling apps, have won the Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design. Pierre Abel holds a PhD in computer science and has extensively worked on user experience design. His wife, a translator currently busy homeschooling their daughters, helps in the design of the educational apps. Watching their kids - 6 and 9 years-old - learn and play is their main source of inspiration for the apps they create. Copyright (C) 2010-2013 L'Escapadou. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.