July 15, 2014 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Greenhouse Apps today is pleased to introduce Jink, the location-sharing app which makes it exceptionally easy to meet up with people you know. With just a few taps, you can send a 'Jink' to anyone in your phonebook and, once they accept, you'll see each other move in real-time. Jink ends automatically so you don't share your location for a moment too long; once a meet up does occur, location sharing ends. Start a Jink, put your phone in your pocket, and Jink will take care of the rest.
Jink was borne from the belief that seeing others' real-time location while meeting up can be useful and fun, but that a mobile app created to serve this need must achieve (1) exceptional simplicity, (2) privacy, and (3) temporariness in order to displace the traditional behavior of calling or texting one another while getting together.
"Jink's mission is to make locating and meeting up with people you know easier and more fun," said Wayne Chuang, one of the three co-founders of Jink. Brett Memsic, co-founder, expanded, "Meetups are so often spur-of-the-moment and fluid - destinations sometimes change; one party may leave late or not know the address, for examples - and we've built an app to support and improve that experience."
For some, the thought of location sharing raises concerns around privacy and safety. To resolve those apprehensions, Jink has introduced several automated features to ensure that location sharing is both private and temporary.
"We detect the moment two users arrive at the same place and automatically end location sharing on their respective devices," said Andy Lin, Jink's third co-founder. Jink also pauses and expires as needed, which, in addition to preserving users' privacy, has the additional benefit of easing battery consumption.
Jink is useful when you:
* Meet a friend for dinner, coffee, drinks and more
* Find your friends after getting out of class
* Commute home (and avoid texting while driving)
* Pick up your kid from school or relatives at the airport
* Get together at a party
* Get lost
* Meet anyone, anywhere
* Simple controls: no sign-up required; start a Jink in just a couple taps
* Privacy: share only with people you choose and while you're on the go
* Messaging: preloaded and custom in-app messaging
* Live sharing: icons move in real-time so you can meet with ease
* Temporary events: location sharing ends automatically when you meet up
* Groups: meet up with multiple people simultaneously
* Battery-efficiency: optimized for best battery consumption
* Localization: Jink has language support for English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, with more to come.
* Compatible with iPhone
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 20.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Jink - delightful location sharing 1.0.1 is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Social Networking category. The app is also available for Android devices in the Google Play Store. For more information and to download Jink, please visit the website or the App Store.
Jink was created by Greenhouse Apps. Founded in 2013 and with 18 employees across offices in San Francisco and Taipei, Greenhouse Apps grew out of an observation that Taipei has exceptional raw development talent without a commensurate supply of cool opportunities for developers. The founders endeavor to apply their experiences working with Bay Area startups and best practices to local talent to make awesome mobile apps. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Greenhouse Apps, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.