July 28, 2014 in FileMaker (F)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Databuzz announced fmSMS v3.5, an upgrade to their award winning solution that lets you send and receive SMS/TXT messages from within FileMaker Pro. fmSMS allows you to send an SMS from FileMaker Pro to almost any mobile phone in the world via one of the supported SMS Gateways, reaching over 860 mobile networks in more than 220 countries. SMS is great means of direct communication with customers, staff, suppliers, and students.
fmSMS v3.5 has been updated to support FileMaker Pro v13 and FileMaker WebDirect allowing access via a web browser on a desktop or laptop. fmSMS also includes support for sending messages from FileMaker Go running on the iPad or iPhone. Databuzz will be demonstrating fmSMS v3.5 at the 2014 FileMaker Developer Conference, to be held in San Antonio, Texas from July 28-31, 2014.
What's New in v3.5:
* Updated for FileMaker Pro v13
* Added support for FileMaker WebDirect
* Expanded supported SMS Gateways to over 50 providers internationally
* Added support for the new Perform Script On Server script step (requires FileMaker Server v13)
* Bulk SMS in FileMaker Pro v13 now uses the new List of summary field for faster performance
* Updated for FileMaker Go v13*
SMS is perfect for appointment reminders, phone messages, promotions, segmented marketing, school absence alerts, and password confirmations. With SMS you can reduce your costs and play less "telephone tag".
fmSMS works with multiple SMS Gateway providers internationally and supports the following features**:
* Send single and bulk SMS messages (messages are typically delivered in under 15 seconds)
* Send long messages (greater than 160 characters)
* Works with over 50 SMS Gateway providers internationally
* Delayed Delivery - send a message now for delivery at a future time
* Alphanumeric Sender ID
* Delivery Receipts - track the status of sent messages
* Message Logging - track the history of all sent messages
* Message templates - create an unlimited number of pro forma templates
* 2 Way SMS - allow recipients to reply to messages and have them appear in fmSMS
"fmSMS is now easier to integrate into a customer's existing FileMaker solution than ever," said Andrew Duncan, Director of Databuzz. "We've simplified the licensing and included support for the entire FileMaker platform - you can now send an SMS from FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker WebDirect or FileMaker Server."
Availability, Pricing, and Compatibility:
fmSMS v3.5 is available now from the fmSMS website. A 14 day trial version is available for both Macintosh and Windows. Workgroup Licenses start at AUD $495.00. fmSMS requires FileMaker Pro v12 or FileMaker Pro v13. fmSMS v3.5 is a free upgrade for owners of fmSMS v2/v3.
* FileMaker Go support requires the fmSMS file to be hosted by FileMaker Server
** Not all SMS Gateways support all features of fmSMS. Some features might incur additional charges by your selected SMS Gateway. Some features require hosting by FileMaker Server v12/v13 with Custom Web Publishing using the PHP API and a static IP address. See our website.
Databuzz is a long standing member is a member of the FileMaker Business Alliance and has been developing and deploying FileMaker solutions for clients in Australia and internationally since 1999. Our clients are individuals, small-medium businesses, government agencies and multi-national corporations. Databuzz was founded by Andrew Duncan, a Certified FileMaker 13, 12, 11, 10,9 and 8 Developer. In 2010 Andrew presented a session at the annual FileMaker Developer Conference on integrating SMS/TXT Message Integration with FileMaker. Copyright (C) 2014 Databuzz. All Rights Reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.