August 11, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Liverpool, United Kingdom - Classic gaming fans have proven that old school gaming is still equally as popular as its modern day counterpart by catapulting Ocean the History to the top of the iTunes book chart overtaking the regular chart leading Minecraft and World of Warcraft guides.
'Ocean The History' tells the story of Ocean Software - the UK's most successful games company and the software house behind some of the most well loved games of the 80s and 90s including Terminator 2 and Batman the Movie; exploring the company's origins, its employees, their games, their music and the iconic artwork that placed the company at the forefront of the games industry for over a decade.
* 264 pages of interviews and anecdotes from the people who built Ocean Software and created the games
* Additional writing from Roger Kean - Owner of Newsfield Publications and editor of classic 80s games magazines ZZAP!64 and Crash
* Illustrated by world famous games artist Oliver Frey
* Behind the scenes photos, concept graphics and never before seen memorabilia
* Game concept artwork and sprite design
All new exclusive iPad content features in-game videos, music, audio, full screen images and vintage TV commercials.
* iPad with iBooks 3
* iOS 5.1 or later
* Mac with iBooks 1.0
* OS X 10.9 or later
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited period, Ocean The History 1.0 is currently on sale for $6.99 USD (a 33% discount) or equivalent amount in other currencies, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. The book is available on iPad and Mac.
Fizzy Pop Digital is a UK based app developer and digital media publisher. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Fizzy Pop Digital. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.