September 23, 2014 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Yoshkar-Ola, Russian Federation - Virtual Space has announced the release and immediate availability of "3D Molecules Edit & Test 1.0," an exciting Chemistry application for iPad and iPhone. 3D Molecules Edit & Test is a useful chemistry tool for iPad and iPhone geared to build 3D molecule models from scratch. With this app users can easily create models of any organic or inorganic compound using most of the periodic table elements. Elements palette can be sorted by mass and by name.
There is also the "Rings" tool, which makes it easy to build cyclic compounds. The application supports single, double and triple bonds. The created model can be visualized in Stick style, Ball and Stick or Spacefill (CPK). At any moment users can get information about bonds length and symbols of chemical elements.
The key feature of 3D Molecules Edit & Test is the "Test yourself" mode which allows learners to check their knowledge of chemical compounds and to receive feedback. Learners get a list of organic and inorganic compounds and can build their own models to check how well they learned the material. At any moment users can check the correctness of the model and get some help. Application feedback is very important for learners when learning chemical compounds.
When you have finished building your molecule you can either open and save it in cloud services, like Dropbox, and third-party programs or send by e-mail. The model can also be opened directly from e-mail. Users have the ability to change already placed atoms to other elements in the created model.
3D Molecules Edit & Test allows the users to open and view molecules in SDF or PDB format files, for example, from NCBI's PubChem website, a public database of compounds or from the RCSB Protein Data Bank website. The app also includes a tutorial on how to create and test models.
Main features of the app:
* Building molecule model of any organic or inorganic compound using most of periodic table elements
* "Test yourself" mode to build the target chemical compounds
* Support of single, double and triple bonds
* Building molecule models of cyclic compounds
* Hints which provide information about what's going wrong with the builded molecule
* Visualization of Wireframe style, Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models
* Visualization of atomic orbitals and electron effects
* T-shaped and seesaw molecular geometries support
* Availability of information about the bond length and chemical element symbols in the molecule
* Bond-angle optimization
* Saving and sending the created model by e-mail
* Loading, editing and saving molecule in SDF file format
* Loading, editing and saving molecule in PDB file format
* Creating, sending and opening molecule verification file
* Export to VRML format for builded molecule
* Opening the molecule file attachments directly from Mail
* Opening and saving created molecules in cloud services and third-party applications
* US English and Russian
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or more recent
* 25.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
3D Molecules Edit & Test 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store under the Education category.
Virtual Space has had over 10 years experience in educational applications development. Copyright (C) 2014 Virtual Space. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.