September 30, 2014 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Cagnes-sur-Mer, France - MovieConverter-Studio is pleased to introduce its updated MovieConverter-Studio 2.51 for Mac OS X.
* Better: add support of 64-bit (...but automatically switch to 32-bit with less recent computers): has better performance, improved safety and reliability, better memory management
* Nicer: ready for Retina screen displays
* New feature: Preserve the tone of your audio during a standard conversion PAL-NTSC (nor more acute, nor more dull)
* Major change: Welcome to a brand new AVFoundation based app
* AVFoundation is the new set of Apple's tools to manipulate video (e.g.: used in Apple's applications "QuickTime X" or "FinalCutProX"). It handles some more modern videos and wrappers formats
* Compatible with systems from Mac OS X.7(Lion) to the latest Mac OS X.9
* Which changes for us? ...It was a huge work, to adapt some thousands of lines of code
* Which changes for you? ...No feature less (the internal engine of the app still automatically collects informations about your video, and automatically select -for you- the good way to handle videos). So, you do not notice any functional difference
* Includes update code signing as required by versions of OS X.9.5 and newer
* Many bug fixes
* A lot of internal improvements
The new version of the app is now optimized for old and new computers. Version 2 now has new interface: simpler, more ergonomic, more reliable.
* Outputs: for video editing (iMovie,...) or for broadcasting (DVD, mobile phone/iPhone, tablet/iPad, appleTv, ... Multimedia Hard Disk)
* Presets: Multiple files loading via customizable presets
You do not have to load your videos one by one anymore, set its conversion settings and store it in the batch
Select a preset (or easily create your own), load videos ...and encode them directly
* Video noise removal: You shooted with no light enough? Clean your video without losing details. This option is 7 to 10 times faster than in the old 1.x version.
* Increase video sharpness: Your video is too soft/blurred? Add sharpness! (This option is not contrary to the 'noise removal' option, you can smooth your video contents and accentuate its edges ;)).
Check "comb effects" (and manage thems) far easier than previously:
* It's the most technical part of video (so, usually, the most complicated
* By default, MovieConverter-Studio automatically adapts the "comb effects" acoording to your output device abilities to display them correctly (eg: an "iPhone" output must not have any comb effect. The customized/partial field order management / frames is only available in the Pro version (eg: a deinterlacing not needed by your output format)
* Normalize audio: So your resulting audios have a common loudness (their peaks and their average loudness is handled). No need to use the remote control anymore when playing multiples files. This option is now conform to international broadcasting specifications.
* Make your own DVD-VIDEO with or without menu. Menus are automatically animated and with sound (or customize yourself their background image and sound)
* Full screen menus onto any TV (whatever a new "wide High Definition" one or an antique "square CRT television like the grandmother's one
* Creating submenus: customized or automated
* Ability to chain several videos (eg: chain some video chapters
* Add subtitles to your videos, choose their final display color
And as before: doing your DVD settings in less than 3 minutes and "get a good result" (whatever your DVD contains 1 to 81 videos.)
* Most of text subtitles format are accepted: .srt, .ssa, .ass, from DVD Studio Pro format (.stl), from YouTube's time text subtitles (mpeg4-layer17) and from images (.png)
* You can preview subtitles contents before adding them to your video (to avoid a bad characters display)
* You can re-synch subtitles to your video (when they start and their playback speed)
The Demux module now extracts subtitles from your 'for DVD' file. So you could re-integrate them (via the Subtitle module) in another video or in your newly converted video (e.g.: reintegrate your original subtitles after a conversion of standard PAL-NTSC)
From version 2.02:
* The h264 encoding part is 2 to 3 times faster
* The audio's conversion of standard (PAL / Cinema), is now very 5 times faster
* Various bug fixes, Memory leak bug fix, big code cleanup, a lot of minor bug fixes; the application is more reliable
* OS X 10.7 or later
* 33.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MovieConverter-Studio 2.51is $16.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Video category.
MovieConverter-Studio provides softwares since 2005 to broadcasters, production agencies, and home movie makers. Because everyone is not a video technician, but because everyone has the right to quality, MovieConverter-Studio offers reliable and easy softwares, usable by all.Copyright (C) 2005-2014 MovieConverter-Studio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X and QuickTime are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.