December 20, 2014 in Weather (E)
[prMac.com] Oslo, Norway - Independent developer, Trond Rossvoll today is proud to announce the release of widget weather 1.2, an update to his popular weather widget for iOS 8. Offering multiple icon themes to provide a personal touch, widget weather provides weather forecasts in a space effective manner by showing the current weather state and a relevant weather icon along with forecasted temperature, wind and precipitation for 3-hour periods ahead in time combined with upcoming daily forecasts if it pleases the user.
Version 1.2 adds a lot of new features, including a set of animated widget symbols. weather was the first weather widget to let the user change the weather symbols, and now it's the first to include weather animations on the today view in iOS. The animated icon set is an animated version of the already included "Monochrome set in color" by Mike Afford (former Senior Designer at BBC News). widget weather is now the first and only weather widget for iOS with animated weather symbols.
Android users have for a long time been able to personalize their phone in a manner that even Apple fanboys have to be a bit jealous of. Now iOS users can add an extra bit of personal touch to their device other than changing the background image. widget weather now includes 10 icon sets to choose from, one of which is animated. Switching between them to find the one that fits your personal style is off course quick and easy. More icon sets will be integrated in the future, and users are encouraged to submit requests for their favorite icon sets to be added.
widget weather is all about choices and comes with two weather forecast services to choose from: OpenWeatherMap and met.no (the Norwegian Metrological Institute). Combined, they cover just about any place on the planet and the user can choose whichever service they find to provide the best accuracy for their location. More information about the forecast services can be found at widget weather online, or their own websites.
* Daily forecasts up to 6 days from openweathermap by choosing «openweathermap.org with daily forecast» as forecast service in settings
* Widget layout improvements for a cleaner view
* Added wind speed to forecasts
* Added wind direction for current weather
* Widget activation help
* App is now even more data saving. Some functions are now calculated in stead of downloaded
* Switch between imperial and metric units without needing to download new data
* Click the location name in settings to switch between the last 10 used map locations
* Widget heading is now localized for all supported forecast languages
* Japanese language support for both menus and forecast
* Choose between tap to expand or always show expanded view (setting found in the forecast service switcher)
* Increased font size for forecasted temperatures
* Added Frio Xmas and Revelio icon sets by Hamsterwheel
* Added an animated version of the "Monochrome set in color" by Mike Afford
widget weather is the only weather widget for iOS with animated weather symbols. widget weather for iOS 8 comes with multiple icon themes to provide a personal touch. A quick set up and then just pull down to check the weather forecast. widget weather now has two forecast modes:
* Current weather and forecast for the next 24-30 hours (depending on device) in 3-hour periods
* Current weather, forecast for the next 12 hours in 3-hour periods and daily forecasts for the next 6 days (iPhone) or 3 days (iPad)
* Daily forecasts currently not available with forecast from met.no but this will also be added
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6
* 10 beautiful weather icon sets optimized for Retina and Retina HD
* The first and only widget for iOS with weather animations
* Choose between fixed map location or GPS position
* Choose between openweathermap.org or met.no as forecast service (met.no is the data provider for yr.no)
* Choose how often new forecast data should be downloaded
* Double tap to force update manually (Great for saving data when roaming)
* Tap to expand/collapse extends the visible forecast period on iPhone and uses less space
* Multilingual with a total of 20 languages supported between the two forecast services
* Universal for iPhone and iPad
The app displays only settings - To activate the widget, do the following:
1. Unlock the device (Enter the code or touchID if you have).
2. Open the notification center by pulling down from the top of the screen.
3. Tap "Edit" at the bottom.
4. Press the green + sign next to "forecast"
You can change the order of things by pulling the lines up/down while pressing the icon to the right of the name (3 lines).
Providing weather forecast covering the entire planet, widget weather is multilingual. The set up menus are available in 10 languages and the weather forecasts are available in a total of 21 languages combined for the two forecast services.
Weather forecast from Open Weather Map in: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian languages.
Weather forecast from met.no in: English, Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian languages.
App menus in English, Chinese Simplified, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish languages.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
* widget weather is only available on iOS8
* Universal Application
* 28.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
widget weather 1.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Weather category.
Located in Norway, Trond Rossvoll is an independent developer whose focus is building apps for the iOS platform. All Material and Software (C) 2007-2014 Trond Rossvoll/ All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.