February 24, 2015 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Cupertino, California - Regardless of the advanced features or functions they may offer, a major design flaw in social networking apps is that they limit people to just sharing moments or events during a day, rather than the overall impressions and experiences of a full day. Well, that's a problem that developer Michael Gaeddert set out to solve with his new no-cost app Dayo - Share Days, and by all accounts he has not only achieved his goal, but may have ushered in a whole genre of social networking apps in the process. Unlike anything the app world has seen before, Dayo - Share Days lets users:
1. Capture what happens throughout their day via a series of text and photos, which can either be taken with their iPhone or uploaded from the camera roll.
2. Automatically combine those assets into a beautiful and personalized daily album.
3. Share their album - which the app refers to as "Days" - with friends and followers, or directly to various social networks.
Each of the Days that users create and share can be richly detailed with multiple text entries and photos, or they can take a minimalist "less is more" approach. There are no rules, and users have the freedom to create what fits their mood and preference. And when it comes to viewing Days, users simply swipe down to scroll through the album, or swipe right to read comments. They can also easily like, share, comment or republish their favorite Days. Other Dayo - Share Days special features include:
* The option to explore trending "Days", so that users can discover new and interesting people from around the world
* A clean and elegant interface that neatly displays each uploaded photo, its associated text, the posting time, and the number of likes and shares it has received so far
* A dashboard that shows users how many days they've been active in the Dayo - Share Days community, how many followers they have, and how many users they are following
* The ability for users to preview and explore the app without having to create an account
"Traditional social networking apps only let people share moments, not days," commented Michael Gaeddert. "But Dayo - Share Days overcomes this limitation by letting users publish vivid photos and text so they can share the full story of their day as a combined, integrated and synthesized whole - rather than as disconnected moments or status updates."
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 25.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dayo - Share Days 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Michael Gaeddert is a 26 year old graduate of Purdue. He is passionate about life and all things tech. Dayo is his first venture into joining the tech world and he is anxious to provide his users with a beautiful and fun user experience on Dayo! All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Michael Gaeddert. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.