March 8, 2015 in OS X Development (F)
[prMac.com] Coral Springs, Florida - Writes for All Inc. is proud to announce the release of Visual Attributed String 1.1, its powerful developer tool for Mac OS X. Visual Attributed String allows iOS and OS X application developers to easily add stunning text effects to their apps by simply writing text and applying stylized effects to words and paragraphs in the document like you would in a word processing or image editing application.
iOS and OS X developers have always had the ability to create stylized text programmatically by creating objects which are known as attributed strings. Many developers will attest to the fact that creating complex attributed strings in code can be time consuming, and hard. Visual Attributed String takes the pain out of creating attributed strings by providing a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) editor for developers.
Developers can simply type the text that they want and add stylized effects to the text by using the controls in the sidebar. Once the developer is happy with the results of his work, he can click a button and Visual Attributed String will generate the code for him. Visual Attributed String is both a simple and powerful application, providing rich features including:
*Platform Specific Code: generate code to create attributed strings for both iOS and OS X applications.
*Generates both code in Apple's new programming language Swift and Objective-C.
*Get code for an entire document by clicking the "Code" button in the toolbar.
* Get code for specific words and paragraphs by selecting text in the document and right-clicking to bring up the "Code for Selection" menu item.
* Save text as an image. Supported image formats include png, jpeg, tiff, and bmp.
* Easily add emoji and special characters to your attributed strings by clicking the "Special Characters" toolbar item to bring up the characters palette.
* Change the background color of the entire document to see how your text looks against different background colors. There also is an option to get the background color code to use in an application.
* Add images to display with text inline. Attributed Strings are capable of displaying images inline with text, and Visual Attributed String makes using this feature easy.
* Document Based Application: Visual Attributed String is a document based application and supports features such as autosaving, duplicating documents, renaming documents, and reverting document versions. Visual Attributed String is a great tool for development teams. Developers can easily save .vas files and send them to co-workers.
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 10.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Visual Attributed String 1.1 is $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category.
Writes for All Inc. owns and operates AppTyrant, a website dedicated to iOS and Mac application development. Links to iOS and Mac applications distributed by Writes for All Inc. can be found on the website. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Writes for All Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.