March 19, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Naperville, Illinois - Twocanoes Software announced the release of Winclone 5, the premier Boot Camp cloning and migration solution for the Mac. New in Winclone 5 is Winclone Backup, a simple-to-use utility for backing up mission-critical Boot Camp user files. The company published a video tour of Winclone 5 that reviews the new product in detail.
Winclone Backup is included in all editions of Winclone 5 and makes automatic Boot Camp file backups easy and reliable.
Winclone 5 for Mac creates an exact copy of all the contents of a Boot Camp partition for use as a back up or to migrate a Boot Camp partition to a new Mac. If disaster strikes, restore from a Winclone image along with Winclone Backup files to a current, fully recovered Boot Camp system. The Winclone Backup solution also ensures that historical versions of files can be easily located and recovered.
Winclone 5 is available in three editions:
* Winclone Basic for simple cloning and restoring on one Mac
* Winclone Standard for migration between Macs and to external drives and disk-to-disk cloning, and
* Winclone Pro for large-scale Boot Camp deployment.
"Cloning Boot Camp is just as easy as before, but combined with automatic Boot Camp backups, Winclone 5 is now the most powerful Boot Camp backup solution available", said Timothy Perfitt, founder and CEO of Twocanoes Software. "In Winclone 5, we deliver what our customers requested, a one-two punch that makes it easy to both back up and clone Boot Camp partitions on OS X."
Winclone helps everyone who uses dual boot Macs with Boot Camp by making it easy to create snapshots, copy (clone) partitions or migrate Boot Camp systems and, now, to protect their digital assets with automatic incremental backups of their Windows user files. Winclone makes everyone a master of frequent Boot Camp management tasks, speeding and simplifying these processes for end users and IT professionals for home, small and mid sized businesses, enterprise and government and K-12 schools and institutions of higher education. Winclone supports all deployment models for dual boot Macs including one-to-one, computer labs and staff computers.
Winclone 5 Feature highlights
* Clone entire Boot Camp partition to an image file
* Restore from a Winclone image file to a bootable Boot Camp system
* "Set and forget" incremental file-based Boot Camp backup solution
* New Winclone Basic edition for simple, low-cost cloning and restoring of Boot Camp
* Support for OS X Core Storage volumes
* Restore Winclone images to smaller or larger Boot Camp partitions
* Clone from mounted Windows PC drive
* Disk-to-disk cloning
* Restore image to secondary and external drives
* Share and restore Winclone images over the network
* Create standalone package installer for mass deployment of Boot Camp (Pro only)
Winclone System Requirements
* Mac OS X 10.8 or higher including Yosemite 10.10
* Windows 7 (64-bit) or higher including 8.1
* Boot Camp partition
Winclone 5 is a free upgrade for current licenses with an active support contract. Contact the company to receive upgrade pricing for Winclone licenses not covered by a support contract. Twocanoes Software's support contract includes two years of priority technical support and eligibility for all minor and major software upgrades. Visit Twocanoes Software online to see the Winclone video and find answers to your questions.
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes Software provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2015 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.