March 25, 2015 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Oakland, California - Beezwax Datatools, Inc. today is proud to announce The New InspectorPro 5, a major new version of the leading developer tool for FileMaker solution analysis. InspectorPro now offers 64-bit DDR parsing, detailed version comparison highlighting, three new interactive visualization tools, WebDirect compatibility reports and a streamlined UI.
"The New InspectorPro 5 is rewritten from the ground up to get the maximum in terms of performance, accuracy and details from solutions built on the FileMaker Platform," said Vince Menanno, director of FileMaker Development at Beezwax. "Developers will be amazed at the details and insights they can gain about their solutions. This tool is the perfect companion for professional developers using FileMaker Pro Advanced."
The New InspectorPro 5 introduces the following features for FileMaker solution analysis:
* 64-Bit DDR Parsing - With a new plug-in optimized for 64-bit mode on OS X and Windows, InspectorPro uses all available processor cores to efficiently parse more than 100 new types of XSL data from FileMaker's Database Design Report (DDR).
* Version Comparison Highlighting - When you select two versions of the same FileMaker solution to compare changes, InspectorPro 5 allows you to drill down from a very high level into specific color highlighted details, letting you know what has been added and deleted, and where.
* Script Dependency Tree - Shows all branching steps that a script will encounter when it's executed. An information overlay shows problems and compatibility.
* Calculation Dependency Tree - Provides a view of how calculations are used across various basetables, and helps see any unstored calculations that might cause a solution to slow down.
* Field-Index Performance Scatter Plot - Compares the number of records in each table with the number of fields and percentage of indexed fields. It's a great way to understand the impact that indexing might have on performance.
* Script Universe - Enhanced with new controls, this visualization provides developers with an interactive representation of a FileMaker solution's scripts and layout objects, in a multi-node, force-directed graph.
Other enhancements in The New InspectorPro 5 include a streamlined UI, and compatibility reports for identifying which solution components are compatible with FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, and FileMaker WebDirect.
InspectorPro is the leading tool for diagnosing, debugging and documenting FileMaker solutions. InspectorPro works quickly to identify hard-to-find issues, compare database versions for changes, and identify all dependencies, unreferenced items and uses of any element in a solution. InspectorPro works by using a FileMaker Database Design Report (DDR) to generate a list of database problems that need addressing. InspectorPro proactively provides suggestions for developers to fix the generated list of issues, and unique data visualization enable developers to discover more about their FileMaker solutions.
The New InspectorPro 5 analyzes solutions built on the FileMaker Platform v12 or v13, and is available now for Mac OS X 10.7 or later, and Windows 7, 8 or later. FileMaker Pro Advanced is required for a developer to generate the DDR (Database Design Report) to be used for analysis.
Pricing and Availability:
The New InspectorPro 5 is priced at $495 (USD) for new customers, and is available for purchase and immediate download from Beezwax online. A Team License (for up to 5 users) is $1195. A full-feature trial download is available. Upgrade pricing, and options for Educational and Non-profit pricing is available via Beezwax.
A recognized industry leader in FileMaker Pro development, Beezwax has completed more than 1000 successful custom database, mobile and web projects for over 500 satisfied clients. Headquartered in Oakland, California, Beezwax distributes widely-used products and tools for leading developers, and is a Platinum-level member of the FileMaker Business Alliance. Copyright (c) 2015, Beezwax Datatools, Inc. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.