April 1, 2015 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Amherst, Massachusetts - Midnight Oil Enterprises, LLC continues to advance the art of showing the current time - how and when you want it - with the release of Disappearing Bedside Clock 1.4 for iOS 8, the latest update to their popular nightstand clock app. Disappearing Bedside Clock keeps you in the dark - except when you want to know the time. The clock display disappears automatically after an adjustable time interval, letting you (and the device) rest peacefully. Tap your nightstand to check the time, which will again disappear after the adjustable duration interval.
"We are pleased that Disappearing Bedside Clock has become such a nightly favorite," says Midnight Oil Enterprises co-founder Dan Corkill. "It's a unique and practical app that continues to be used regularly by users. The introduction of the Apple Watch has people reflecting on their timekeeping needs, and Disappearing Bedside Clock is a great nighttime complement to devices worn on the wrist during the day."
"With adaptive vibration sensing, proximity detection, and voice activation, we provide three modes of conveniently triggering the time display without having to touch the device. I enable both proximity detection and vibration sensing on my docked iPhone. It's so practical and so amazingly cool! I also enable iOS's Do Not Disturb mode with Silence set to Always when I'm running Disappearing Bedside Clock, and I use "Hey Siri!" to switch on Do Not Disturb and to set my wake-up alarm. (Doesn't everyone these days?)."
Version 1.4 makes it easy to quickly customize the time display. A long single-finger press toggles between normal or thin display fonts. A long two-finger press toggles analog or digital time display, and a long three-finger press toggles 12 or 24-hour mode. You can also adjust the color to suit your mood, and save it for future use. On iPhones, we have provided a long-proximity gesture that turns off the display backlight completely. On other devices, the backlight is dimmed as low as possible, but iOS currently does not allow the backlight to be turned off when an app is active. We hope full programmatic backlight switching will be supported in future iOS versions, and encourage everyone to request a backlight-switching enhancement to iOS.
Embrace the darkness!
* Digital or analog, 12 or 24-hour time display options
* Adjustable, automatic time-display fadeout
* Swipe left to immediately darken the display
* Double tap to toggle between automatic disappearance mode and always-on time display
* Pan vertically with two fingers to adjust undimmed display brightness
* Select normal or thin display fonts (one-finger long press to toggle)
* Optional automatic backlight dimming
* Customize the time-display color
Swipe right or tap to display the time or enable no-touch display triggering:
* Adaptive vibration sensing
* Proximity detection on iPhones in portrait orientation
* Voice activation using Siri
New in Disappearing Bedside Clock version 1.4:
* One-finger long press to toggle thin-font option
* Analog clock display option (two-finger long press to toggle)
* 24-hour time display option (three-finger long press to toggle)
* Custom display color control, maintain hue on inverse color option
* Long-proximity gesture to turn off display backlight on iPhones in portrait
* Proximity detection and vibration sensing indicators with bolding to indicate last activation trigger
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6/6 Plus
* 2 MB
Pricing and availability:
Disappearing Bedside Clock 1.4 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. It is a free upgrade from earlier versions. No ads, no in-app purchases, no nonsense.
Midnight Oil Enterprises, LLC was founded in 2009 by Susan Lander and Dan Corkill. Located in Amherst, Massachusetts, they strive to produce high quality iOS apps that are intuitive and a pleasure to use. Copyright (C) 2015 Midnight Oil Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Disappearing Bedside Clock is a trademark of Midnight Oil Enterprises, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.