April 2, 2015 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] Nottingham, United Kingdom - Serif today is delighted to announce that its award-winning professional illustration app for Mac, Affinity Designer, is updated with fantastic new features, new languages, performance enhancements, and improvements that take working with a creative suite to a completely new level.
Available through the Mac App Store, this free update introduces an intuitive, time-saving Corner tool, a much-requested and very fluid Text-on-a-path feature, and Pixel Alignment Mode for Web & UI design. A new capability to save undo History with documents lets users slide back in time to inspect a design - or go back and take it in a new direction - many days, weeks or months after it was last edited.
With new seamless document switching into Affinity Photo beta and a common file format for saving without worry, designers can take advantage of the strengths of both apps and just focus on design. Saved document History also allows Affinity Photo to undo editing steps that were performed in Affinity Designer and vice versa.
"Affinity Designer has had a meteoric start, with early recognition from Apple and from our amazing pro designer customers." says Ashley Hewson, Serif's Managing Director. "After lots of hard work from the Affinity dev team we're delighted to deliver on our promise of new features and enhancements for our customers, totally free of charge. The new design features, UI tweaks, compatibility improvements, and usability updates will allow pro designers to achieve even more in even less time. The team also managed to squeeze more performance out of the Affinity Designer engine - we've raised the bar higher yet again. Affinity Photo compatibility and a shared History are also helping show how good a modern creative suite can be."
Affinity Designer 1.2 New Features, Improvements and Fixes:
* Corner tool
* German, Spanish, French and US English languages (and language selection)
* Force Pixel Alignment mode for accurate UI and Web design
* Added dashed line styles for Strokes
* History can be saved with documents
* Affinity app switching added to support Affinity Photo
* Export slices to SVG, EPS and PDF formats
* Open .ase (Adobe(R) Swatch Exchange) colour palettes
* Import brushes automatically by double-clicking .afbrushes files
* Even faster throughout, especially brush tools
* More accurate colour management and colour picking
* Improved import and export for PSD, PSD, and SVG
* Improved EPS output with Affinity's own EPS exporter
* Enhanced Yosemite look and feel
* Refreshed UI panels with new behaviours and improved reliability
* Font display size preference for the UI
* Rectangle and rounded rectangle shapes merged, and the ellipse, pie, and donut are merged
* More brush customisation
* Many OpenType, typography, and text performance enhancements
* Improved stability throughout, plus fixes to improve OS X Lion support
* Plus 100s of other tweaks, improvements and fixes
Tony Brightman, head of Affinity development adds "Changes to Affinity apps demand a high level of polish, so we're very grateful for all the input we've had from designers since our last update. I'm delighted to say that we've made Affinity Designer even more useful in professional settings and even more usable; the overall experience is incredibly smooth. As a team we're also delighted to better welcome a wider audience of designers with German, Spanish, French and US English languages now built in alongside the original UK English."
* OS X 10.7 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 126 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The free update to Affinity Designer 1.2 is available exclusively via the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category. And for those yet to buy Affinity Designer it is available for just GBP 39.99 / Euro 49.99 / $49.99 with no subscription. Please contact Dale Cook for more information or content. For corporate enquiries please contact Ashley Hewson.
Serif was founded in 1987, and through its history has launched many award winning graphics software for Windows. 5 years ago Serif set out to produce an entirely new range of professional graphic applications for Mac under a new brand called Affinity. Affinity Designer (vector drawing) was released in October 2014, and is being followed by Affinity Photo in late spring 2015 and Affinity Publisher in early 2016. Serif has 130 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 1987-2015 Serif. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.