April 22, 2015 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Brisbane, Australia - Outback Touring Pty Ltd, creators of Caravan and Touring Apps, today is proud to announce the release of Australia Offline Maps and Offline Navigation 1.0 for iOS, an app that provides full navigation without the need for any data connection. The first release in a series of offline maps and offline navigation apps for the UK, Canada, New Zealand, India, Nepal, Singapore and Hong Kong, Australia Offline Maps and Offline Navigation is ideal for travelers because it is inexpensive, simple to use and does not require expensive mobile data roaming connections to update the map views, your route and navigation information.
Perfect for outback touring where travelers are often out of mobile data range, this app downloads all the necessary maps in the initial purchase of the app. After that there are no subscriptions, in-app purchases or ongoing costs. It was designed specifically for the iPhone and iPad and offers both free offline search and enhanced online search that requires a brief internet connection for the actual search but uses very little data. Once the destination has been selected all navigation is then offline and data free. The online search uses Apple's extensive location based database of addresses and points of interest. The app offers the following key features and can replace expensive GPS standalone devices:
* All Country map data stored on your iPhone or iPad - no download costs for mapping or navigation
* Full-fledged turn-by-turn voice navigation including street names
* Local online search for a specific address or place, service and shop. 'Pizza' 'Library' or 'Hospital'
* Set your own speed warnings
* Street sign displays
* 3D-view, with user options for 2D view during navigation
* Selectable Route Types - Car efficient, fastest, shortest, Pedestrian (options map turns to north facing or direction), Bike fastest, shortest and quietest
* Options to avoid toll roads, ferries and highways
* Route simulation mode to preview your trip
* Automatic night and day mode
* Up to three alternative routes to choose from
* Optional setting of a waypoint for a place you want to visit along your route
* Time remaining in journey, your actual speed and distance remaining
* Supports landscape and portrait views
* GPS (models with mobile SIM slot)
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 138 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Australia Offline Maps and Offline Navigation 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. There are no subscriptions, in-app purchases or ongoing costs.
Based in Queensland, Australia, Outback Touring Pty Ltd brings together a team of thinkers and designers. Their goal is to create quality Navigation and Touring apps for mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that engage users. Copyright (C) 2015 Outback Touring Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.