May 12, 2015 in iTunes (E)
[prMac.com] Cologne, Germany - tagtraum industries today is proud to announce the release of BeatGauge 1.0.0, a new music utility for Mac OS X. BeatGauge automatically calculates BPM (beats per minute) for songs stored in iTunes. Implemented as drag'n'drop app, BeatGauge is dead-simple to use: Simply drop songs onto the app window and watch BeatGauge do its magic. All BPM values are automatically imported into iTunes. Knowing the tempo of songs is important for dancers, DJs, spinning (indoor cycling), aerobics, running, and many other beat-oriented activities and workouts. It helps tremendously, when creating playlists that match the desired workout intensity or pace.
* Very simple, intuitive user interface
* BPM values are imported into iTunes
* Quickly finds and analyzes songs without BPM
* Multi-threaded analysis that makes perfect use of multi-core processors
* Supports all local, unprotected iTunes audio file formats
* AppleScript API for power users
* Requires OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
* Music files must be locally stored in iTunes and writable
* iCloud songs must be downloaded before analysis
* DRM protected songs cannot be analyzed
* State-of-the-art BPM detection is not 100% accurate - some values may be off by a factor of 2
* U.S. English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Italian and Simplified Chinese
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 2.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
BeatGauge 1.0.0 is available for $7.99 (USD) on the Mac App Store in the Music category.
tagtraum industries incorporated is an indie software shop founded in 2004 by Hendrik Schreiber in Raleigh, North Carolina. Its main focus lies on Mac software, Java-based solutions, architecture, implementation and optimization. tagtraum's operational base is Cologne, Germany. Copyright (C) 2015 tagtraum industries incorporated. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.