June 17, 2015 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today is proud to announce the release of NeoFinder for iOS 1.1, an update to his ever popular disk cataloging utility. Available today at the App Store, the new version has improved Find features, better Dropbox download, improved GeoFinder, and integration in Mail.app and others.
Basic features of NeoFinder for iOS:
* Display the catalogs you have loaded into your iPhone or iPad
* Download catalogs from a Dropbox account
* Search catalogs
* Display all Inspector details for a selected item, including embedded GPS, EXIF, IPTC, ID3 data, thumbnails, text previews, music lyrics, cover art, and all the stuff you are used to see in NeoFinder Mac and abeMeda for Windows
* Geosearch for photos and movies on a map
New in NeoFinder iOS 1.1:
* NeoFinder iOS now runs in 64 bit on suitable iOS devices
* The Find Popover is now much more elegant, and can be accessed from most places in NeoFinder iOS. It allows you to tell NeoFinder which types of files you wish to Find, and opens the GeoFinder (search for photos and movies on a map) as well
* You can now Find similar files from inside the Inspector, like all songs of an Album, or files created at the same day, or files of the same size - Just select the attribute in the Inspector, and use the new Find menu
* You can now Copy text from any field in the Inspector by tapping on the data
* Open any NeoFinder or abeMeda catalog file (suffix ".neofinder" and ".cdw") directly from Mail.app, or GoodReader, or Dropbox, or other apps who offer an "Open with" command for files
* Improved the Dropbox connection - It has a nicer user interface, a better progress, and you can logout of your Dropbox account, if you wish to do so.
* The Inspector now displays the Tags, FileCheck, and the ID3 comment
* The Progress during a Find is visually improved
* The Info area now has links to the NeoFinder Facebook page, and Support page
* Further improvements:
* The ID3 Lyrics are no longer truncated at the top of the display
* The About view no longer crashes in certain localised versions
* The version of the NeoFinder iOS app is now being shown during startup
* The place search field of the GeoFinder is no longer truncated in iOS 7 and iOS 8
* Increases stability and performance
Only NeoFinder for iOS allows you to search your NeoFinder catalogs on the iPhone or iPad, wherever you are.
The "parent" product NeoFinder for Mac makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard disks, USB sticks, server disks, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and reads a lot of metadata during cataloging, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, and more.
NeoFinder for Mac Mac Highlights:
* Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views. For PDF and other files, NeoFinder generates a textual excerpt and thumbnail, too.
* Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
* Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the Wikipedia Inspector.
* Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 60,000 customers in 95 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* 6.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 1.1 is currently $10.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2015 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.