June 21, 2015 in Utilities (F)
[prMac.com] Ostuni, Italy - Independent developer Roberto De Lorenzo is proud to announce the release of Blink Comparator 1.0 for the iPhone and iPad. The app allows users to compare two images of the same area taken at different times, to see if there are changes, highlighted by the blinking of any object (star, asteroid, etc.) that only appears in one of the images or that changed position or brightness between a shot and the other.
After shooting pictures of stars clusters, nebulae, galaxies and so on, often users would check if there are changes compared to the "normal" appearance of the photographed area. To do so, they would have to search for a picture (or map) of the same area and check brightness and location of each object.
Blink Comparator alternates the vision of two shots obtained at different times, which allows users to detect and highlight changes or transient phenomena (comets, variable stars, novae and supernovae, asteroids etc.). In the comparator, the sample image and the reference are shown alternately after being aligned with each other. If an object is present in only one of the pictures, it blinks and can be easily found and marked. If an object has changed position between two consecutive shots, during the animation it bounces back and forth, showing the path traveled.
* Load pictures from the local Photo Gallery or from Dropbox
* Easily align the two images: Just mark the same three stars on each picture and press a button
* Set blinking time interval
* Zoom and pan the animation to frame a specific area or to examine in detail the images
* Insert a mark to highlight an object
* Add a label to describe subject, date and time of shooting etc.
* Save animations as short movies in your local Photo Gallery
* Save movies converted to negative
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 0.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Blink Comparator 1.0 is free and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Roberto De Lorenzo is a Computer Programmer and an App Developer. He lives in South Italy. Copyright (C) 2015 Roberto De Lorenzo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.