June 26, 2015 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Pune, India - Dropout Games today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of UNWYND 1.0.0, its new game title developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Puzzle fans can rejoice with the arrival of UNWYND, a 21st century take on the 1st Century B.C. classic "tic-tac-toe." Do you like puzzles and painting? Great! Because UNWYND lets you do both, the hard way!
UNWYND is made with pure intention of offering a very sleek and sharp puzzle experience to the fans of puzzle genre. Most of the mobile games being developed these days cater towards casual audience and there's a lack of content for the hardcore puzzle fans. Being a fan of hard puzzlers like Kami and Puzzle Retreat, we went ahead and kept UNWYND's difficulty curve on the higher side. The game is targeted towards hardcore puzzle players who've been waiting for a challenging puzzler.
The game employs a simple swipe based mechanic in order to solve meticulously crafted combo - based puzzles. There is heavy emphasis on letting the player paint unique "looking" solution to each puzzle presented on the screen. Each solution can be achieved in multiple patterns depending on player's approach to gestures. The core of game is based on color and symbol matchmaking. With swift gestures, players need to pull in colored ribbons that mark the blocks on screen based on their respective colors resulting in different combinations of X and O patterns.
After a non-successful launch on Android, the team decided to completely rework game's UI and add gameplay elements to make the game more accessible and appealing. The major help came when Dropout Games reached the finals of Big Indie Pitch at Pocket Gamer Connects Bangalore. The team got a chance to interact with veterans from studio including Zepto Labs, Reliance Games, Yellow Monkey studios and many major indie devs. The amount of feedbacks given was very helpful to improve the game and take it to the next level.
* Inspired by the classic game of Tic-Tac-Toe, UNWYND features some amazing color based puzzles
* Completely new UI and UX to suit the iOS audience
* Additional gameplay changes over the Android Version
* Over 90 unforgiving levels catered for the hardcore puzzle fans
* Music by Ashley Read, known for his work on AAA titles including EVE: Valkyrie, Watchdogs and The Crew
* "When a nicely chilled puzzler like Unwynd comes along, it's always a refreshing change of pace." - Peter Willington, Pocket Gamer
* "Unwynd proved to be a nice time-killer - if you like using your brain, that is. It's not an easy game!" - Mary-Anne Lee, Games In Asia
* "This is a great puzzle game for the casual or more advanced fan of brain-teasers, as it makes you think with colors and consider every move you take." - Jaime Parra, 30plus Gamer
* "The gameplay is fresh and enjoyable for the entire family and kids; it gives the brain a small workout to either charge up or cooldown." - Ajay Verma, Illgaming
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 50.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
UNWYND 1.0.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Dropout Games was formed when a class topper and a rebellious student met and came up with the idea of dropping out of the college due to the lack of relevancy they found in their curriculum. The duo have had some prior development experience as they had previously worked with Lucid Labs (another indie studio from India) on a game called "ROTO: A Simple Circular Puzzle," which has been critically acclaimed in Asia, being a finalist in "Free-to-Play" category at Casual Connect, Asia. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Dropout Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.