October 6, 2015 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - PhatWare Corporation, a leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) 5.2 - accurate, fast, compact, easy-to-use, multilingual, multiplatform handwriting recognition technology for mobile and desktop computers. WritePad SDK is designed for iOS, Android, Windows, and Windows Phone and can be used with the platform-native development tools as well as Xamarin Studio to develop multiplatform handwriting recognition-enabled applications. The WritePad SDK is optimized for the latest versions of iOS, Android, Windows, and Xamarin Studio and includes support for ARM, X86, X64, arm64 (iOS), and MIPS/MIPS64 (Android) architectures. The new version of the SDK also features improved handwriting recognition quality, updated dictionaries and sample code in Java, C#, Objective-C, and Swift.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK is free for evaluation and personal use and can now be accessed on GitHub. The commercial pricing is available upon request.
WritePad SDK Features:
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
* Supports 12 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
* Supports development of iOS and Android applications in C# using Xamarin Studio on MAC and Windows platforms.
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
* Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition libraries for Android, iOS, Windows, and Windows Phone, dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C#, Java, Objective-C, and Swift depending on the target platform and development tools. WritePad SDK evaluation is free. PhatWare now offers subscription-based and royalty-based commercial pricing options, which are available upon request. To request commercial pricing, and for detailed information about WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2015 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.