November 25, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Woking, United Kingdom - EchoMist today is pleased to announced the imminent release of FileTools, a new powerful and flexible new file wrangling application for OS X. FileTools will be available on the Mac App Store from 30/11/15.
FileTools aims to address problems encountered by anyone who has to manage large numbers of files with powerful but simple to use solutions. Among its many tools is the ability to store and share (across the network) locations of files and folders. Rather than describing a network location to a colleague, FileTools allows you to send the location directly to their computer so that they can access it with a single click (and keep it for use later).
The batch renamer can be programmed using a simple drag and drop paradigm and allows you to preview results before you commit. A wide selection of modules allow the user to use a variety of text processing and metadata based steps in their workflows. A watch directory system with a similar drag and drop design can perform a variety of tasks and is able to make decisions based on a variety of criteria so that different types of file, or files with different metadata tags can be handled differently.
* Store and share file locations. Search your stored files and add comments.
* Flexible batch renaming
* Powerful watch directories
* Intelligently merge directories
* Open archive and compressed files in a variety of formats
* Create archive and compressed files in a (smaller) range of formats
* Create directory listings as files or printouts
* Compare two similar folder structures to find (and optionally fix) differences
* Search for duplicate files within a folder structure
* Calculate checksums in a range of formats, for individual files or whole folders
* View and modify file metadata
* Hex editor for low-level file editing
* Split files into smaller chunks for transportation and reassemble them
* Access tools through a popup toolbox which can be opened with a keyboard shortcut
* Integrates with the operating system and other applications using services
* FileTools requires OS X 10.9 or higher.
Pricing and Availability:
FileTools will be offered at the introductory price of GBP 7.99 / Euro 9.99 / $9.99 USD (Full Price: GBP14.99 / Euro19.99 / $19.99). It will be available available on the Mac App Store from 30/11/15.
EchoMist is the developer of a range of Mac and iOS apps, including password manager BitSafe and maintenance utility PreferenceCleaner. Copyright (C) 2015 EchoMist. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.