December 8, 2015 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Newport, United Kingdom - Combat Monsters, created by award-winning indie studio Rubicon Development, has just spawned the "OMG It's Massive!" expansion, its fourth such major update since the game's launch in 2013. A unique combination of tactical combat and collectible card game, Combat Monsters is a love letter to staples such as Magic: The Gathering and Hearthstone, with a full serving of Rubicon's legendary humor and polish - last seen in the BAFTA-nominated Great Big War Game.
"If you're a fan of CCGs and/or turn-based tactical strategy games, we made this for you," explained Paul Johnson, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Rubicon Development at Rubicon Development.
In Combat Monsters, the player's hero spawns 3D creatures to a large board that serves as the battlefield. Once spawned, each creature can attack (with various weapons or special abilities), move about, heal itself or others, or cast devastating spells like the ever-popular fireball. When the enemy's hero is fatally wounded, the battle is won.
There are many ways to play Combat Monsters. Will players overrun adversaries with dozens of bloodthirsty monsters? Defend at all costs with healing spells? Invest heavily in runes and concentrate on a few high-powered cards? New tactics are emerging all the time - like the triple-moving suicide bomber, amped Orc swarms, and the questionable ability to hide in a corner of the map like a sissy (pioneered by a Rubicon dev who shall not be named).
Key New Features/Content
* Team play: With up to three players per side, the tactical possibilities just exponentiated - will you focus on attacking the enemy, helping your friends, doing both, or neither?
* Clans: Clans are now an integral part of the game, thus promoting rivalry, death and destruction on a previously unseen scale - Sorry about that
* 600+ new cards: In this one update we've added more new cards than most other games in this genre offer in total. That's a lot of cards
* Money for nothing: Gifting, referrals and all manner of additional ways to share in-game progress have been added to bring people together - before they start cracking each other's' skulls
* New artwork: All the cards have had a graphical overhaul, and we believe our new foil effect is better than the real thing
* New heroes: Supporting the addition of a whole new class of monster, artillery, there are three new heroes to collect and play, each with unique stats and abilities
* Tons more: No, really - I know it's overused, but it's true
This latest expansion is so large that it would be badged as a sequel by most other studios, containing a massive amount of both new content and new features.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 212 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Combat Monsters 4.3 is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
Rubicon Development is a UK-based independent game developer founded by Paul Johnson and Steven Haggerty over ten years ago. Focused on creating original digitally-distributed games for PC and mobile platforms, Rubicon's best known other titles are the award-winning Great Little War Game and Great Big War Game. All Material and Software (C) 2015 Rubicon Mobile, Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.