December 18, 2015 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] Swarthmore, Pennsylvania - Industrious One today is pleased to announce the release of Musicality 3 for Mac. Musicality breaks your music out of the browser, with desktop conveniences like keyboard shortcuts and notifications, powerful AirPlay streaming, and a new iOS remote. Take control of over a dozen popular music websites including Pandora Radio, Google Play Music, Spotify, and more.
Version 3.0 is a significant upgrade, with built-in controls for nearly a dozen more music services, a new iOS remote control, an all new Chromium-based renderer and improved AirPlay support.
* Built-in Controls: Play, pause, skip and rate songs using the Apple keyboard media keys, custom keyboard shortcuts, or Musicality's menu bar icon. Musicality currently supports over a dozen services including Pandora Radio, Google Play Music, Spotify, Last.fm, Deezer, Rhapsody, Slacker Radio, TuneIn Radio, SoundCloud, MixCloud, 8tracks, and Jango. Support for additional services will be available in free updates.
* AirPlay Streaming: Musicality can stream the audio from *any* website to AirPlay-compatible devices including AirPort Express, Apple TV, and third-party speakers and receivers. Unlike other players, Musicality can stream to multiple AirPlay devices, and play from the computer speakers, at the same time and in sync, allowing for complex multi-room setups.
* Remote Control: Musicality Remote, available for free from the iTunes App Store, connects to Musicality for Mac to control your music from an iPhone or iPad. Musicality Remote displays the currently playing song and provides controls to play, pause, skip, and rate your music, turn AirPlay speakers on and off, and adjust volumes.
* Background playback: Unlike a regular web browser, Musicality will keep playing in the background when its window is closed. Use a keyboard shortcut or click of the menu bar icon to bring it back.
* Notifications: Musicality works with Notification Center or Growl to show the currently playing song.
Pricing and Availability:
Musicality is available now for $11 (USD). It requires Mac OS X 10.10 or newer and an internet connection, and may be downloaded as a free 10-day trial from the Musicality website. The trial is full-featured and unlocks in-place when purchased. Musicality Remote is available for free from the iTunes App Store. It requires iOS 8 or newer and a wi-fi connection to Musicality for Mac. Musicality for Mac is not currently available in the Mac App Store.
Industrious One creates software that helps people do what they love. It was founded by Jason Perkins in 2012 when, unable to stop creating stuff, he figured he better make a home for it. Now he's on a mission to help creators create. You can find him as @starkos on Twitter. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Industrious One. All Rights Reserved. Musicality is not associated with Apple or any of the music services listed. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.