December 24, 2015 in Gaming (F)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - If you ever find yourself walking on walls and ceilings in attempt to prevent being eaten by monsters, it's probably a sign that it's time see a psychiatrist. There is an alternative explanation though. You might be playing DARQ - a psychological horror game about lucid dreaming, developed by Unfold Games.
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware of the fact that he is dreaming. To Lloyd's misfortune, the dream quickly turns into a nightmare and all attempts to wake up end in failure. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world. The developers have just started IndieGoGo and Steam Greenlight campaigns.
* Unique art style combining 2d and 3d graphics
* Shining-like pacing
* Music written by Hollywood film composer Wlad Marhulets
* Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics
* Emphasis on sound - some parts of the game involve navigating the environment in complete darkness
* Randomly generated elements of the gameplay. No walkthrough is the same
* Multiple endings, depending on the choices you make throughout your journey
Screenshots, videos, links, and more information about DARQ can be found in our press kit.
Founded in 2015 by Wlad and Damian Marhulets, Unfold Games is Los Angeles based indie game development studio. Their first project DARQ is already known for its innovative gameplay, beautiful art style and mesmerizing music. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Unfold Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.