March 2, 2016 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Ashburn, Virginia - Blue Eyes Innovation LLC today is proud to announce the release of Samaritan 1.0, their new navigation app developed for iOS devices. Samaritan is a must-have App that helps make driving safer. The app automatically detects accidents and sends out distress alerts - based on user's health condition - from iPhone and Apple Watch that may make a difference in a life and death situation. This feature works best with companion Apple Watch that gives the ability to determine user's health in a timely manner.
Users can store their emergency contact email and phone number conveniently by accessing their address book from within the App. Once stored this information can be accessed easily from the Home screen. Once an accident is detected, users get a prompt on their iPhone and Apple Watch to either email or call their emergency contact. Emails to emergency contact automatically include users’ precise location and a message to the recipient that the user may be in trouble:
* Automatically detects accidents and sends out distress alerts – based on user’s health condition
* Prompts users to slow down if they exceed speed limits on a road
* Stores user trip history to encourage safe driving
* Map view with bread crumbs to capture user's route
* Ability to share driving experience on Twitter and Facebook
Samaritan also encourages safe driving practice by requesting drivers to slow down if they exceed speed limits on any roads. This feature comes with a subscription. The first 7 days are completely free. Users can choose monthly, yearly and annual subscription models. There are several ways Samaritan encourages drivers to respect speed limits.
1. On the Phone, the App screen changes from Blue to Red if the users exceeds speed limit by a threshold of either 5 or 10 mph (or kph). This is an easy and intuitive visual indicator that clearly captures the speed limit of the road the user is on and the user's current speed and indicates whether user is exceeding speed limit.
2. If the phone is locked with the App running in the background, users will get a notification on both iPhone and Apple Watch requesting them to slow down and respect the speed limit if they are speeding.
3. On Apple Watch, the App shows the speed limit of the current road and the user's speed. The phrase "Slow Down" will appear if the user exceeds the speed limit of the road by a threshold.
This App provides the ability to track and record a trip. The recorded trip draws the users route on a map, provides relevant information on their driving patterns and encourages safe driving practices. Users can share their trip on Facebook and Twitter. They can also browse a history of saved trips. Users can leverage the App's back end services to store their trip and save space on their device. This feature comes with a user registration either directly or via Facebook login.
Users can also share their experience on Twitter and Facebook (Social Media) from within the App. They have the ability to specify their speed limit threshold in miles per hour or kilometer per hour and can select different Map views – Satellite, Hybrid etc.
* iPhone and iPod touch with Apple Watch support
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 9.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Samaritan 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. Download Samaritan, tell a friend and contact us with any questions and suggestions that will help us serve customers better.
Located in Ashburn, Virginia, Blue Eyes Innovation LLC was founded by CEO Nilanjan Sengupta. The company develops apps for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2016 Blue Eyes Innovation LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.