April 12, 2016 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Sammamish, Washington - Today, Juicy Bits, maker of three App Store Best of the Year award winners and two Editors' Choice apps, released Bez 1.0 for iPad Pro. Bez (a nod to Pierre Bezier's eponymous curve), is a powerful vector graphics editor that makes it easy to create beautiful and precise art on an iPad Pro. With full support for Slide Over, Split View, Smart Keyboard, and Apple Pencil, Bez is a flexible and professional tool for designing high-quality illustrations.
"I'm a long-time fan of Adobe Illustrator," says Mike Swanson, Founder of Juicy Bits, "and I've wanted an app for my iPad that lets me create detailed artwork using just my fingers and the Apple Pencil. Bez is my take on a vector editor that's been created from the ground-up to support touch interaction and a tablet device. I'm amazed by the artwork that early testers have been able to create, and in-fact, four of their creations are included in the app."
The free version of Bez enables users do almost everything. A single in-app purchase unlocks additional features like high-quality output to PNG and SVG and the ability to import and export documents to services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Tools for creating new shapes and easily editing corners, curves, and line segments
* Support for multiple graphic styles (strokes, fills, and shadows) per object
* Rotate, scale, and translate objects interactively or by entering numeric values
* Unlimited layers and groups for flexible document organization
* Full undo and redo support for risk-free editing
* Snap to objects, a grid, or individual pixels, and use smart guides for accurate spacing
* Symbol library for storing common shapes
* Shape alignment and distribution tools
* Boolean shape operations like combine, subtract, intersect, and exclude
* Pan and zoom up to 4,096% for precise edits
Pricing and Availability:
Bez 1.0 is currently available for free on the App Store. A single "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase for $7.99 USD enables all premium features. Bez runs on iPad and iPad Pro with iOS 9.0 (or later).
Founded in 2009, Juicy Bits is a small company that produces unique, freshly squeezed software for mobile devices. Their Layout app was named by Apple as one of the best photo apps of 2012, and Halftone, with over 2.5 million user downloads, was named by Apple as one of the best photo apps as part of App Store Rewind 2011. Halftone 2, an Apple Editors' Choice, was also selected for the App Store Best of 2013. Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Juicy Bits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.