April 30, 2016 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] Perth, Australia - Stairways Software Pty Ltd is pleased to announce Keyboard Maestro 7.1, the new version of its powerful productivity enhancer for OS X. Version 7.1 enhances the Custom HTML Prompt further allowing customized user interfaces to be built, as well as the ability to import macros disabled or quit the Keyboard Maestro Engine on launch of the editor (both if all modifiers are held down).
Version 7.1 also improves security using HTTPS and further verifying code signing of updates. Plus numerous other changes and fixes.
* Folder Trigger now sets TriggerValue to the full path. Adjust macros to account for this.
* Search Variable/Clipboard actions now fail if the match fails. Adjust actions to disable aborting/notification when the match fails if desired.
Keyboard Maestro 7.x requires OS X Yosemite 10.10.0 or later.
Changes in 7.1:
* Added timeout to Custom HTML Prompt.
* Added window.KeyboardMaestro.Trigger( macro, value ) to Custom Prompt.
* Clear HTML Result Button variable when Custom HTML Prompt starts.
* Custom HTML Prompt can autofocus on textareas.
* Custom HTML Prompt added call to KMDidShowWindow().
* Added Paste Above.
* Use custom icon for Macro Group Icon Palettes.
* Detect and report Secure Input Mode process.
* Added support for configurable Safari and Chrome applications.
* Added an option to Set Variable to Text to disable backslash or text token processing.
* Added AppleScript setvariable/getvariable commands, primarily for JXA.
* Allow action timeouts of hundredths of a second.
* Editor now quits the Engine on launch if all modifiers are held down.
* Imported macros are now disabled if all modifers are held down.
* Search Variable/Clipboard actions now fail if the match fails.
* Save revisions even if Keyboard Maestro editor was open over night.
* Adjusted non-recursive For Each Path in Folder to read the entire folder at the start.
* Adjusted short trigger display for arrows and Page Up/Down.
* Adjusted Pixel condition a little.
* Allow Share to Forum of macros with , or ; in their name.
* Allow %Variable%[SPACE]Variable Name[SPACE]%.
* Allow Max Concealed Position of 1.
* Allow text tokens in the Press Button action.
* Performance improvements in some editing cases.
* Remove white popup menu hover bug in El Capitan by default.
* Fixed display of Move Mouse, Found Image title text field.
* Fixed variable popup in Write/Append text to file editor.
* Fixed Variable selector popup not working in Find Image action.
* Verify code signing of version control update file.
* Use HTTPS for all wiki linked help.
* Use HTTPS for all version control, feedback, crash reporting, etc.
* Use HTTPS for all documentation and web site links.
* Make Click Link operate asynchronously.
* Avoid excessive slowdown while typing in Set Variable to Browser Field action editor.
* Fixed a crashing issue with finding images on screen.
* Fixed a crashing issue with undo.
* Fixed restoring selection issue with undo.
* Fixed a potential bug that can corrupt variable types in the Custom HTML Prompt action.
* Fixed handling of Escape in Share to Forum sheet.
Keyboard Maestro is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and distributed by FastSpring. Keyboard Maestro is licensed on a per user basis, and an individual user can use it on five Macs.
New customers can purchase Keyboard Maestro from the Keyboard Maestro website for $36 USD. Customers with five or more users should contact us for a volume discount quote. Customers who purchased Keyboard Maestro directly from us after January 1, 2015 have been issued a free upgrade to Keyboard Maestro 7. If you have not received your free license, you can find your free license upgrade at the Keyboard Maestro website.
Customers who purchased Keyboard Maestro version 6 prior to 2015 or who purchased older versions of Keyboard Maestro can upgrade to Keyboard Maestro 7 for US$25. If you have not received your instructions on how to upgrade, you can find details by looking up your Keyboard Maestro license at the Keyboard Maestro website.
Keyboard Maestro 7 is not available from the Mac App Store (and probably never will be).
Stairways Software was founded in 1995 by Peter N Lewis to further develop and sell the world-class Mac software that made him famous. Stairways is a privately held Propriety Limited company based in Perth, Western Australia, and Peter continues to lead the company as president and chief executive officer. Peter's goal was to bring high quality Internet and Unix tools to the Mac, combining the traditional Mac ease-of-use with the power of the Internet and Unix. This placed Stairways Software in exactly the right position to capitalize on the massive growth of the Internet from less than one million computers to hundreds of millions. The familiarity with Unix also proved invaluable as Apple transitioned Mac OS to the Unix-based Mac OS X. Stairways Software remains a small efficient company which means when you contact us you will be dealing with someone who can directly and personally handle any questions. Copyright (C) 2016 Stairways Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.