May 23, 2016 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Munich, Germany - Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 5.1, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for Mac OS X. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features libraries for more than 200 track systems, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions. This first major update of RailModeller Pro since the initial release of the app in early 2015 features:
* Native support for tunnel sections including the automatic creation of tunnel portals between plain and tunnel tracks making it easy to distinguish visible track sections from tracks running underground.
* Layer-Defaults optionally providing default values for elements newly inserted into a layer. Per-layer defaults for color and track height enable power-users to quickly build complex layouts with fewer clicks.
Further improvements in the latest update include a completely redesigned and extended functionality to clean up the completed layout, an improved application performance and usability improvements throughout the app.
RailModeller Pro's easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km organized in up to 99 layers. The app includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, symbols, and other items in scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5). Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, and more.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 200 track systems for most vendors of track material
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* An integrated Online-Manual
* OS X 10.8 or later
* 64-bit Processor
* 10.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Pro 5.1 is available for only $39.99 USD (or an equivalent amount on other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A free version, RailModeller Express - which is suitable for small layouts with a limited number of tracks and layout dimensions of up to 0.5km - is also available through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.