March 10, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Freeridecoding updates SmartBackup to Version 2.2.2. SmartBackup is the ideal application to perform all kinds of daily backups to harddrives, network sharepoints, webDAV, usb sticks, iPods etc. From a smart efficient document backup to a full bootable backup of MacOSX - SmartBackup is very easy to set up and straightforward.
The tool supports the use of Spotlights "saved searches" as backup items or to define exclusion which makes creating dynamic backups (all protected iTunes files, all documents changed this week, etc) very simple. SmartBackup optionally archives deleted or changed items during each backup and keeps them sorted in an archive folder.
SmartBackup supports handling of multiple backup sets and can be automated using iCal, Automator or for the unix pros using the commandline mode and shellscripts.
New in 2.2.2:
* French localization
* Improved SMB support for Leopard
* Straightforward interface
* Backup presets
* Backup/exclude saved searches
* Archiving of changed/deleted files
* Bootable backups
* Easy handling of multiple backup sets
* Powerful built-in sync engine
* Preserves important metadata
* Optimized for network backup
* Schedulable with iCal or Automator
* Commandline mode
* Built in restore
English, German and French
* Native on Intel or PPC Macs: Universal Binary
* Requires MacOSX 10.4 or later.
Pricing and Availability:
Single 15 Euro (appr. 22USD), Family Pack 30 Euro (appr. 44USD). Site licenses available. Press licenses for evaluation are available upon request.
Freeridecoding is an independent MacOSX developer located in Vienna/Europa focusing on the development of smart delicious tools for MacOSX. Besides SmartBackup freeridecoding has developed BurnAgain DVD, the only tool on the Mac supporting multisesion burnign to DVD+RW and DVD-RW.