August 1, 2008 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of Dragoman 1.3, a universal batch file conversion utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. Dragoman is a utility application that batch converts images, photos, PDFs, music and archive files with a lightweight drag and drop interface.
On popular demand the new release adds support for more music formats, notably MP3, the iTunes native MP4 format, and Ogg Vorbis. Also added on popular demand is the ability to convert between text documents such as Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format and HTML. Moreover, the new releases further extends the list of supported digital camera formats and allows users to reduce the size of photos and images.
More music formats:
The new Dragoman version can convert the iTunes native format (MPEG-4), as well as the open formats Ogg, Vorbis, and Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC). Also new in this version is that users can convert from MP3 format to any of the other supported formats, for example allowing them to convert their entire MP3 song collection to MP4 or Ogg in one go. Similarly, users can now rip entire CDs with Dragoman's drag and drop interface.
Converting text documents:
Dragoman now ships with the ability to convert text documents including Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), HTML, Safari Webarchives, and plain text documents. Common use cases include converting web pages to Microsoft Word or RTF formats for easy editing, and quickly publishing existing Word documents to websites.
More digital camera formats, more control:
The new release further extends the raw digital camera formats supported by Dragoman to Sony's ARW, Pextra's PEF and Kodak's Flashpix digital camera formats. The updated preferences panel allows users to reduce the image size by setting the JPEG output quality.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts image, photo, music, sound and archive files
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles raw digital camera formats: Adobe Digital Negative (dng), Photo CD (pcd), Canon Digital Camera Raw Image Format (crw, cr2), Kodak Digital Camera Raw Image File (dcr), Sony (Minolta) Raw Image File (mrw), Nikon Digital SLR Camera Raw Image File (nef), Olympus Digital Camera Raw Image File (orf), Fuji CCD-RAW Graphic File (raf), Sony ARW, Pextra PEF, Kodak Flashpix
* Converts text documents: simple Microsoft Word documents (doc), HTML, Rich Text Format (RTF), plain text, Safari Webarchives, Microsoft Word XML
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: iTunes native MP4 (mp4, m4a), MP3 (read-only), Ogg, Vorbis, FLAC, AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Reduce image size by setting JPEG output quality
* Universal file converter tool
* Built-in, automatic self updates, with which users are automatically informed of the newest releases and given the option to download the latest release with a single button click.
* Planned extensions to convert video and source code files
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $29.95 USD, and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free update for registered Dragoman users. Dragoman is available for discount in a bundle with ResizeMe and Renamer4Mac on Macsnack.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, d) ResizeMe, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, and e) Dragoman, a batch file converter for images, photos, music, text documents and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved.