May 12, 2011 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - A Tasty Pixel today introduced The Cartographer 1.4, the latest version of the customizable Google Maps iPhone app. Featured in The Cartographer 1.4 is the ability to sync your routes and area outlines from Google Maps into The Cartographer, a feature that hikers, cyclists and road trippers will love.
"Lonely Planet has predicted that 2011 is going to be the year where travel technology goes mainstream. Of course, an iDevice is only as useful as the apps with which you equip it," said Michael Tyson, A Tasty Pixel's founder. "The Cartographer was voted third best iPhone travel app in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards, hosted by 148 Apps, and has been extensively featured by Apple on the App Store."
The mobile tourism experience gets even better with The Cartographer 1.4. The app has already gone well beyond just providing beautified Google Maps. Now, you can also plot a cycle route, hiking trail or a road trip on your desktop with Google Maps then use your customized map to navigate in the field.
The Cartographer empowers travelers to:
Collate Travel Research:
* Plan trips on the desktop by plotting vacation ideas, routes and shapes on Google Maps
* Plan with friends and family using the collaboration features
* Sync your customized Google Maps with markers, notes, photos and routes with your iPhone. Always know where you're going, without needing to carry bunches of maps and brochures with you
* Avoid data and roaming charges with offline maps
Record Trip Information:
* Drop markers as you travel to remember your adventures, along with photos and notes
Share Trip Information:
* Share your trip with friends and family via email and Twitter
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
* 6.9 MB
The Cartographer runs on the iPad and iPod touch, but it is not specifically designed for these devices. Pseudo-GPS positioning is available only near some wifi spots. Similarly, positioning on the first generation iPhone is limited to cellular and wifi.
Pricing and Availability:
The Cartographer 1.4 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
A Tasty Pixel specializes in iPhone and Mac apps with beautiful and functional user interfaces - software that works like an extension of oneself, with the charm and elegance that make it a pleasure to use. A Tasty Pixel is the creative expression of a sole developer and his compulsion to find order in the world - not to put things in boxes, but to shape the boxes around the things. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Google and Google Maps are registered trademarks of Google Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.