May 27, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, CA - SmileOnMyMac released DiscLabel 6, the latest version of its award-winning CD/DVD label design software for Mac OS X. This major upgrade features 80 additional free template sets and new powerful design tools for creating montages and generating custom designs.
DiscLabel 6 has more than twice the number of free template sets than the previous version, including 20 new template sets designed specifically for business and professional use. The design process has been considerably simplified to make it easier, faster, and more flexible. For example, images, album art, and text layouts can be applied to multiple design elements in one step during any point in the design process.
More powerful and flexible montage options have been added. A wide variety of montage layouts can be imported into a design; the montage remains editable after import, so that photos can be moved and resized within the montage.
The release comes in time for summer occasions such as graduations and weddings. "Personalized CDs and DVDs make great keepsakes and gifts," said Philip Goward, co-founder of SmileOnMyMac. "A collection of favorite music or a family video is even more special when it's attractively packaged."
What's new in DiscLabel 6:
* 80 additional professionally-designed template sets now included; new themes include business, professional, music and special occasion designs
* Simplified interface for creating new designs and selecting templates
* Enhanced image import palette offers multiple options for inserting images and can add images into all label and packaging design elements simultaneously
* New inspector palette for easy editing of object, image, and text properties
* Powerful and flexible new montage tool for creating a wide variety of photo montages and adding them to design elements
* Improved random design generator can modify all design elements in one step
* Sparkle automatic software updating
* Start with a pre-designed template, or make your own; Over 150 professionally-designed template sets included
* Import track lists from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, Finder, and Toast
* Import images from iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture, iDVD, and Finder
* Multiple layers, drawing tools, and gradients for creating custom designs
* Use more than 1300 clip art files via the DiscLabel Clip Art Browser
* Print to most label and paper types
* Use with direct-to-disc printers and printable CDs / DVDs
* Use with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling
* Include (and edit!) multi-line text laid out in a circle
* Automate label creation with AppleScript
* Purchase high-quality NEATO labels & media via direct link to store
* Available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French
* DiscLabel 6 requires Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later, and is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Pricing and Availability:
DiscLabel 6 costs $35.95 (USD). The DiscLabel Family Pack, for up to 5 computers in one household, is $54.95. Upgrades from earlier versions of DiscLabel are $15.00, and free to users who purchased after February 1, 2009.
Site licenses: $599 (USD)
Site license terms: Single contact for support; single physical address or company with fewer than 1,000 employees.
SmileOnMyMac makes creative productivity software for Mac OS X, such as PDFpen, the PDF editing software that won an Editors' Choice Award from The Mac Observer; DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program; TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool that was named a Mac|Life Editor's Choice; PageSender, feature-rich fax software that also received an Eddy, and BrowseBack, the visual web history tool that won Best of Show at Macworld 2006. All SmileOnMyMac products are available to download free.