April 6, 2015 in Seminars and Events (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, CA / Boston, MA - The Creative Pro User Group (CPUG) Network have announced the agenda for the Fourteenth Annual Las Vegas SuperMeet to take place on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 in the Royale Ballroom at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas Nevada. Doors open at 4:30PM with the "SuperMeet Digital Showcase," featuring over 25 software and hardware developers. Presentations will begin at 7:00PM and continue until 11:00PM. Tickets are on sale online only for the price of $15.00 each plus ticket fee and $10.00 for students and Teachers with valid student ID. The Las Vegas SuperMeet promises to be the single largest gathering of Final Cut Pro, Adobe, Avid and DaVinci Resolve editors, gurus, digital filmmakers and content creators during the 2015 NAB Show. It is expected this SuperMeet will sell out as historically every Las Vegas SuperMeet sells out.
Scheduled to appear on stage (subject to change):
* Colorist Alexis Van Hurkman will take the stage once again to show off "SuperSecret" new features in Blackmagic Design's Davinci Resolve coloring software.
* Acclaimed re-recording mixer and sound designer Bob Bronow (Deadliest Catch) and iZotope Product Manager Matt Hines will show quick, effective solutions for troublesome issues such as different microphone feeds, dropouts, and distortion using RX audio repair and enhancement software. You'll learn how to smoothly combine different audio edits, match two different microphones together, fix distortion problems, and more!
* Al Mooney returns to the SuperMeet stage for Adobe and will demonstrate how, through Creative Cloud, new innovations will continue to make Premiere Pro CC the market leading NLE.
* Danny Holland, Post Production Supervisor of Brain Farm, will discuss some of the challenges and technology behind creating four simultaneous 4K video film projects. Danny will be joined by Jeff Wood, HP's VP of WW Product Management.
*Ripple Training's Steve Martin and Mark Spencer will lead an onstage interview with Jan Kovac, the lead editor on Warner Brothers feature film Focus. Much has changed since Final Cut Pro X's initial release, and Jan will discuss how Final Cut Pro X allowed them cut a feature film.
* OWC will present Larry O'Connor who will speak on "Kindred Spirits. Everything is Possible." Larry will then bring out filmmaker, Cirina Catania who says she wants everyone to "be ready, willing and able to find the power of one and celebrate your creativity!"
* Jeff Greenberg returns to the Supermeet stage after a long absence, this time on behalf of Genarts. Jeff will give a glimpse into the new Sapphire 8 Plug-ins and Genarts will give every attendee a Sapphire prize.
In addition there will be short videos from Red Giant, FXFactory and Wipster
Doors will open at 4:30 for the SuperMeet Digital Showcase featuring over 25 software and hardware developers including Adobe, Blackmagic Design, HP | nVIDIA, iZotope, asmp, Atomos, Audio Network, B&H Photo, BorisFX, CoreMelt, Color Grading Central, Digital Anarchy, Future Media Concepts, GenArts, G-Tech, Future Media Concepts, HDDisk, Highpoint, Imagineer Systems, FxFactory, OWC, Pond5, RE:Vision Effects, Red Giant, Quivis, Shutterstock, ThatStudio, Wipster and EditStock. Here, attendees can enjoy a few cocktails, mingle and party with industry peers, network one on one with leading manufacturers and learn about the latest trends in collaborative editing workflows for post production and broadcast markets.
Rounding out the evening will be the always wild and crazy "World Famous Raffle" where tens of thousands worth of valuable prizes will be handed out to dozens of lucky winners. For complete details on the SuperMeet including driving and transit directions, a current list of raffle prizes and how to purchase tickets, visit their website.
Creative Pro User Group (CPUG) Network SuperMeets are social gatherings of Final Cut Pro, Adobe, Avid and DaVinci Resolve editors, gurus, digital filmmakers and content creators from throughout the world who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows. SuperMeets started as a grassroots movement to connect Apple FCP Editors at a local level. Now in its fourteenth year, the producers behind the SuperMeets have harnessed the energy of local chapters globally and turned SuperMeets into the industry's most influential user-organized series of global events. The SuperMeet agenda usually includes user-driven demos of new products, digital video tips and tricks, and filmmaker show and tells, including a SuperMeet Digital Showcase with vendors and small developers providing workflow solutions for digital filmmakers and content creators. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.