January 27, 2010 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Maidenhead, UK - Byte Squared today announces the release of its office application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The product, named "Office2" (pronounced "office squared") provides Word compatible document editing and Excel compatible spreadsheet editing with support for the DOC and XLS formats. It includes the following features:
Word Processor Features:
* View, create, edit and save documents in Word 97-2003 (.doc) format. Compatible with Microsoft Word, NeoOffice and any other .doc compatible word processor.
* Character formatting, including text and fill color, bold, italic, underline, font face and size.
* Paragraph formatting including alignment, indenting, bullets and numbering.
* Support for tables, including table creation.
* Support for images, including inserting of images from the camera roll or pasting from other programs.
* Searching of text within documents.
* Undo and redo, up to 100 undo levels.
* Copy and paste within the app in addition to copy and paste of text and images from other applications, including Safari.
* Auto-correction and auto-completion are supported.
* View, create, edit and save spreadsheets in Excel 97-2003 (.xls) format. Compatible with Microsoft Excel, NeoOffice and any other .xls compatible spreadsheet program.
* Handles multiple worksheets with unlimited rows and columns.
* Searching and sorting of cells.
* Cell formatting, including bold, italic, borders, text and cell color, alignment, text wrapping.
* Cell types, including General, Number, Currency, Percentage, Date, Time, Date/Time and Text.
* Merge cells feature.
* Pane freezing.
* Tap and drag to change row heights and column widths.
* Intelligent auto range selection for range based functions.
* Tap cells to compose formula.
* Insert, copy, paste or cut cell ranges, rows or columns.
* Date formats, date separators and numeric separators are all handled correctly according to the current locale, with manual override.
* Functions - FV, NPER, PMT, PV, RATE, ABS, CEILING, EVEN, EXP, FACT, FLOOR, INT, LN, LOG, LOG10, MAX, MIN, MOD, ODD, PI, POWER, PRODUCT, RAND, ROUND, ROUNDDOWN, ROUNDUP, SIGN, SQRT, SQRTPI, SUM, SUMPRODUCT, TRUNC, CHAR, CLEAN, CODE, CONCATENATE, DOLLAR, FIND, LEFT, LEN, LOWER, MID, PROPER, REPLACE, REPT, RIGHT, SEARCH, SUBSTITUTE, TRIM, UPPER, AVERAGE, AVERAGEA, LARGE, MEDIAN, MODE, NORMDIST, SMALL, STDEV, STDEVA, STDEVP, STDEVPA, ACOS, ASIN, ATAN, COMBIN, COS, COSH, DEGREES, PERMUT, RADIANS, SIN, SINH, TAN, TANH, DATE, DATEVALUE, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, MONTH, NOW, SECOND, TIME, TIMEVALUE, TODAY, WEEKDAY, WEEKNUM, YEAR, AND, FALSE, IF, IFERROR, NOT, OR, TRUE, COLUMN, COUNT, COUNTA, HLOOKUP, ISBLANK, ISERR, ISERROR, ISLOGICAL, ISNA, ISNONTEXT, ISNUMBER, ISREF, ISTEXT, N, ROW, T, VLOOKUP
* Access documents stored in Google Docs, iDisk and any WebDAV server, including open, edit, save, delete and rename.
* Create or delete folders.
* Move or copy documents between folders locally
* Move or copy documents between Google Docs or iDisk accounts and the local folders.
* Move or copy documents within folders in Google Docs or iDisk accounts.
* Email documents as attachments.
Byte Squared CEO Simon Bates said: "Of all the competition, we believe Office2 provides the best way to edit documents and spreadsheets on an iPhone or iPod Touch. It is also the only way to effectively edit a Google Docs document or spreadsheet. Since it also provides Google Docs users with a way to continue editing their files when they don't have Internet access, we feel this app will be a popular choice for many business users."
Byte Squared provides a range of software for mobile devices. It was established in 2009 and is a privately held company headquartered in Maidenhead in the UK. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Byte Squared. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.