December 15, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Munich, Germany - December 15, 2007 - MacRailSoft is proud to announce the release of RailModeller 3.0.5, their solution for creating layouts for model railroads and slot cars for Apple Macintosh computers. More than 180 libraries are included, providing tracks and accessories from virtually any manufacturer of model railroad tracks, allowing the user to start planning their railroad empire right away.
The RailModeller layout planning tool provides a number of features, making it a great solution for creating model railroad layouts. The latest update to version 3.0.5 fixes a number of bugs such as missing pages in printouts and features some minor improvements. RailModeller 3.0.5 is fully compatible with Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Feature Highlights in Version 3.0.5:
* Build trackplans via drag and drop
* Design model railroad and slot car layouts of up to 1000m x 1000m (or 3280ft x 3280ft)
* Build layouts in any scale from Z ("Miniclub") to IIm/G ("LGB", "Aristocraft")
* Print in any scale starting from a single sheet of paper up to 1:1 scale
* View layouts in 3D to get an even better impression
* Export Layouts as Image Files (PSD, PNG, JPEG or TIFF)
* Automatically maintain partlist to provide an overview of the tracks used and the overall costs
* Keep track of your inventory of tracks using the integrated stock management
* Create new or customize the bundled libraries using the Railset Editor
A comprehensive 80 page PDF manual is included in the distribution and can also be purchased as a hardcopy. The forum at the RailModeller website provides a room to discuss questions about the application and general model railroading related topics. Free Email support is available for registered as well as try-out users.
* Apple Macintosh (PowerPC or Intel)
* Mac OS 9, Mac OS X 10.2 or newer
* 20 MB available disk space
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller may be purchased for $39.95 USD and comes with a fully featured demo. The demo version is fully functional except that it doesn't allow saving or printing layouts. Purchasing the product guarantees free updates for all future program versions.
Located in Munich, Germany, MacRailSoft is a software company specializing in providing innovative solutions for model railroad and slot car enthusiasts.